Agnostic.com

10 13

What I say to men who ask, "What turns you on?" on dating websites.

How would you answer this question? Here's how I reply:

“What turns you on?”

“Hearing you describe how toxic masculinity hurts women."

"What turns you on?"

"Not this question."

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Julie808 nails it.

A simple answer could be "Not someone stupid and vulgar enough to ask the question you just did." combined with "I'll be leaving now."

I would reply by hitting the "next" button. No fair in trying to cheat out of the natural discovery. Spend time with a person and see what "turn ons" you share, quietly honestly and genuinely. Not going to get a real answer with with a cold question like that.

Perfectly stated.

It's a question I'd only ask during foreplay, otherwise I'd have thought many women would respond "seeing a man do housework" 🤣🤣

@Cyklone

Perfect! Thanks for the belly laugh.

That's an excellent answer. And yes, it does.

Intelligence and getting to know someone first. And friends wonder why I'm single; I tell them this is what is out there.

I don’t ask that question. I might ask what her passions are, like hiking, gaming, or whatever.

My answer if asked, is intelligence, looks, and touch

Not men who ask me intimate questions like what turns me on?

Intelligent Conversation, a kind personality, acceptance of each other and the faults of each other, a genuinely cheerful smile, a good sense of humour that allows for each other to be themselves humour-wise ( especially since mine can often be quite Risque, Bawdy, etc, etc,) NOT seeing the other person as clay awaiting to be re-modeled AND NO religion/religious affiliations in particular.

Intelligence, personality, education, looks

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 24, 2021

Maybe it's kind of clumsy and lazy to ask a question like that. If you really want to know what turns someone on, I think it's a matter of taking all the time it takes to know well that person, to be a good listener, to have some empathy, to make sure the mood and the chemistry is right.

Good answers!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584485
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.