Agnostic.com

4 5

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
Richard Dawkins

Travel1 5 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have had believers very close to me who have loudly denied the brain shutoff required by religion, as if they literally cannot comprehend that their faith forces them not to think.

Even though I usually feel his criticisms paint "Religion" too simplistically, the most inspirational thing I have ever heard is from Dawkins, on this video:

[wimp.com]

skado Level 9 Nov 30, 2017

Superb statement!

Dawkins' "God Delusion" was the voice of reason that spoke to me finally in accepting the fact that I am atheist. Since I've read many of his books and watched many of his debates. It was his explanations of the importance of science and the scientific method and the awe that we experience that rekindled the enjoyment of the world and the universe, back into my mind.

gearl Level 8 Nov 29, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.