Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK Church Tells Woman She Can’t Win Fishing Trip Raffle Prize Because of Her Gender | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

On Saturday night, Bethel Baptist Church in Uniontown, Pennsylvania held a “Wild Game Dinner” that involved a sermon and feeding people what I assume are the carcasses of “Rabbit, Wild Pig, Squirrel, Raccoon, Muskrat and Beaver.” Not my thing, but there you go.

They also held a raffle at the end of the event. One of the prizes was a $200 voucher toward a fishing trip this summer in Canada to be led Dan Lamb, the guest pastor (and guy who apparently loves shooting wild ).

Emmy Smaniotto, who had been attending that Wild Game church event with her father for years, decided she wanted to take a chance on that bigger prize. She saw one other woman in the church throw her into that bucket so she followed suit.

And wouldn’t you know it: The other woman was the first winner selected!

But as soon as her name was read off, Pastor Bryan Kelley told her she wasn’t eligible.

snytiger6 9 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate fishing. Never did like it. I have 2 male friends who claim to love fishing but I've never seen them fish, and one even has a boat. Never seen him use it. Yes, I hate fishing, but maybe this woman likes it. Don't tell her she can't win and can't fish.

Well, maybe this dopey fuckin’ moron Bryan Kelley ought to be pushed overboard one day, let him catch the crabs.

He may also consider getting a job as a deckhand on one of these boats.......,he will get to bait the passengers poles......making him the master baiter, And he will also get to hang out in the boats cockpit with the seamen.

Isn't he already an 'exceptional' Mastah bater (masturbator)?

I'd loved to have seen that Jerk tell that to my daughter when she was still alive.
She was mad about going fishing from when she was around 6 years old, wanted her own fishing rod and tackle box for Xmas by the time she was 8, ALWAYS managed to 'embarass' me EVERY fishing trip by catching more fish than me.
Her biggest ever catch was in her words at the age of 6, " A whale," it turned out be a European Carp that measured out at a nice 'little' 24.5 inches in length and 11 pounds in weight.
Caught on a line that had a 4 pound breaking strain and a piece of sausage for bait.
I reckon IF he'd said that to Lorrae, she'd have kicked his arse so hard that he'd be very lucky IF it came rest around his ears.

Why women go to church is beyond my comprehension. They are there mainly to serve the men.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:585905
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.