Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK Letters From An American 04/04/2021

The Republican outrage over Major League Baseball moving the All-Star game out of Georgia after the passage of the state’s new voter suppression law reveals a bigger crisis in American democracy: the mechanics of our current system do not reflect the will of the majority.

Consumer-driven corporate America is increasingly throwing its weight against the new voter suppression measures across the country. While MLB and Coca-Cola are out front on the new Georgia voting law, American Airlines, Microsoft, and Dell are all opposing the new Texas voter restriction measures. These corporations are focused on those Americans with buying power, and on those they predict will have that buying power going forward. When they take a stand against voter suppression laws, they are making a bet that the future of America is moving away from the Republicans toward a more inclusive society.

Read more at the link, it gives me hope!

HippieChick58 9 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This party has become the party of anger. Maybe they should change their name. The name Hypocritic Party sounds about right.

Ms. Richardson is one bright ethical, and sincere patriot and human being.

I'm suspicious that we rely on corporate America to exert these pressures...

They are the ones with the money & influence! I am THRILLED some of them are willing to step up, knowing they will most certainly lose business by doing it!

We don’t rely on corporate America; we move them to exert these pressures. I will buy a carton of Diet Coke but don’t have a nearby MLB team.

From the Queens and Kings of Cancel Culture. The republicans keep pushing that MLB and other corporations are the problem and not their own behavior in suppressing and canceling voters rights.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:587507
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.