Agnostic.com

15 16

LINK How Christians Think They Can Convert Atheists… According to WikiHow | Bo Gardiner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

You learn a lot about campaigns when you read their strategy memos. WikiHow contributors have put together a page on How to Persuade an Atheist to Become Christian, and it’s probably a little more revealing than they intended. (follow link for the list and article content. It's a hoot!)

snytiger6 9 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here is the only way this works. You have to believe that the other person is the love of your life. It has nothing to do with gods or the lack of them. There is no "logic and reasoning" that makes anyone become a Christian.

There is nothing they can say to me, for I will go back to the bs.

Thanks for the humorous look at the converter-squad.

They really don’t want to debate and use reason do they?

Because, you know, facts have an atheist bias. Isn't that our whole point? They must have very deep insecurities or something.

Or maybe just plain stupid.

Bo Gardiner can't convince me, but Bo Derek might...

Idiots

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 13, 2021

If there is such a thing as gold-plated bullshit, then that links counts as an example.

"keep facts out of it " ... yeah - because they're AREN'T any !!!!!!!

How about leaving us alone !?

I never knew that "jeebus hates edgy"...can someone point me to that passage in the Babble?

I can't think of anything edgier than just waiting around to be arrested and crucified. That seems to be what he did according to the story.

@Paul_Clamberer no, no, that would be "suicide by cop" before guns......

Honestly, I've lost count of the myriad of times strategies such as those, or similar, have been used on me and YET here I stand, (sitting actually atm but who's counting) STILL an Atheist.
I STILL get a great laugh EVERY time one the Christfools does the 'sprinkle with Holy Water' bit to me and I immediately and almost instinctively respond with "it Burns, it burns, take it away, it burns."

Fun article. I think there are some suggestions which would bode well the other way (trying to convince a Believer that they are wrong), as well. Insulting their mental capabilities probably won't work, as an example.

Yup that about covers it.

"it’s best to avoid discussing the concept of eternal punishment for non-Christians with an atheist, "
to quote a wise Scott "Oh y' bloody well thinks so do you?"

The pebblebrains just don’t want to see that most Atheists were once religious.

It’s called denial.

Oh, FFS!
🀣🀣🀣

"Keep facts out of it."

By all means.
🀣🀣🀣

You know how absolutely confusing factual evidence can be. 🀭

Because, you know, facts have an atheist bias.

Dodging the facts, a requirement for ALL Christfools imo.

Funniest thing I've seen all day.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 13, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589232
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.