Agnostic.com

5 10

LINK Why People Stopped Believing In Organized Religion

Recently, Reddit user u/seventeencans went viral after asking the internet to share why they'll never go back to church. There were so many raw but honest stories, that even more people flooded the comment section with their own thoughts and experiences. Here are some of the most thought-provoking replies:

snytiger6 9 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i gotta wonder if ppl have not been aging/growing out of organized religion since forever, only no one really noticed bc new converts were taking their place

I think it is more like with the internet, people who honestly look can find out the truth(s) about religion.

The more easilyu peple can access information, the less likley they are to believe in religion.

The only thing that ever got me into a church was a good pastor. The little church I attended as a teen had a wise and thoughtful man nearing retirement that was always good for an interesting sermon. The pastor of the church ours had split off from was brilliant. A PhD in philosophy before he went to the seminary, he was frequently mind blowing. If not for those two, I would never have bothered at all.

In my opinion, people, many of them, are starting to see and realize that Religions, Organized or not, are filled to over-flowing with Bigotry, Misogyny, Homophobia, Discriminations of ALL sorts and kinds, Falsehoods and False promises, etc, etc.

I think people who do leave mostly realized it is just a scam.

ha well the Bible will tell anyone that eh

Unfortunately, people haven't.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:593850
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.