Agnostic.com

37 3

For those actively looking for a companion/more where did you find your success?:

• 24 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 22 votes
  • 16 votes
SunshineBee 5 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On a dating website. However, those success came when I wasn't quite as picky as I am now. Hummm... Just haven't found a good fit yet. Not sure dating sites are the right place anymore but I work from home so... I do think it's worth the search no matter how long it takes because life, for me, is better when shared with a close friend/partner.

Met my husband on OkCupid. I'm polyamorous, and I met my GF in middle School. My husband met our bf first through a career event. I met him through my husband.

Haven’t really. Been on a few dates the last 5 years. But few. And no clicks. I’m thinking it may be the end of sex for me. Just not into the casual sex deal. If I wanted that I’d be dating cubs. Lots of those. LOL!

Punch Level 4 Apr 18, 2018

I've had decent success online and through friends. I've made 37,811 solo trips to bars, and never gotten a date from one.

Still searching

OK, so we all see comments from women who claim that guys just want sex and they're just sick of these horn-dogs. Well, there are surely some guys like that... but you can weed them out quickly can't you? I suspect you do. I want a complete relationship that INCLUDES intense loving intimacies which brings us both JOY... not excludes them, or offers a Sex-Lite version. My past near-misses included wonderful women who, due apparently to things they wouldn't talk about from early in their lives and previous marriages, were just unable to fully enjoy intimacies, or even talk about it. Takes months of travel, talk, efforts and weekends to get to that point where one realizes there's not a complete person here. Many women our age (60's) are looking for a travel companion, a handyman, whatever. They say they can get sex "anywhere and anytime" they want... but IF that's true, you can get a travel companion, or handyman "anywhere or anytime", too... or instead! True for some guys, too... "anywhere, anytime", but maybe that's the problem. Sex is pretty worthless unless it's an integral part of a deeply loving, caring and respectful relationship. I'm not here looking for a night, a weekend, or a shallow relationship, but I feel terrible about leaving an otherwise-wonderful lady who, after months together, admits it's been like this all her life (and ALL her marriages and re-marriages) and it isn't going to get any better and no, she's done with therapy forever. I think many of us men and women want/need the whole package and a certain level of comfort, even thrill and enjoyment with sex is just a really important part of the BIG PICTURE for some of us. That may be why guys bring up the subject early (testing the waters), but it is not all we want... it's a vital part. Without some vital part of any relationship, people move-on, just go out and get that elsewhere, or suffer in bitter silence. Not good. It's mighty refreshing to see careful wording in a lady's profile and comments that she's still looking for loving intimacies with the right man.

Bars,that is where l work and socialize.

This seems oddly worded: "for those actively looking...where did you find success?".
Aren't the two mutually exclusive? If they are still actively looking does not that imply that they have not yet succeeded?

PS -- I voted other because I was forced to vote in order to comment....

I am actively failing to find partner consistently !

I was thinking in lines of being proactive when I said active. Those that are going out there and joining dating sites, walking clubs, bars/pubs and what not. Those trying to get themselves out there.

@SunshineBee Yes I was making a joke ... it was not in any way a serious comment .. 😉

I have had several attempts in the last few years at not having relationships .. By that I mean I have been dealing with health issues so serious trying to get emotionally involved would have been stupid .. It's far easier to make a joke than explain lol .. but I don't mind .. Now I am through that and made some headway with a diagnosis I can be a human again.. In those periods when it isn't possible I tend to go help someone who needs a man to be a proper human being but can't be attached for their own reasons and make a positive situation out of it ;o 😉 Go save a woman from an asshole .. go be kind to a woman who is in a pattern of abusive relationships .. just be good .. ya know .. go free some minds and mend some hearts !!

Being a 53 year old mother of an at home 12 year old, I haven't put much into it as the risks may outweigh the benefits right now. Was married for 13 years, divorced for four and haven't dated once. Yes I've been asked. I am really liking the community. I originally put "interested in meeting men" on my profile but I took it off.
My looks are no longer one of my best assets but I have other strengths and qualities.
Moved a year ago and am still unpacking. I'm very involved and content with my son, my critters and my interests. Someone asked me what I do when I get bored. LMBO. What's that?
I probably should start a new post. How do you feel about dating with kids? When do you get back on the horse or don't you? Thanks for your thoughts.

Sometimes it's good to just leave it alone and be .. without any influence. Bored lol.. What you feel when you are dead haha.

@Nickbeee thanks Nick that's where I'm at but wonder sometimes if I should see it differently.

@Archer Maybe or maybe you will just click.. you know something will spark. I think you have to feel ready. I will be honest without sounding like a dick I could easily be with people now but have had a lot on in life and just finding some space which is nice. Next I can do more of that lol 🙂 All I am saying I suppose .. as I would never tell you what you should be doing, is just don't be too hard on yourself 🙂 pleasure

@Nickbeee totally understand. I joke about how nice it feels to have the remote even though I watch very little TV.

@Archer Haha!!! ace .... !!! I am okay now to go ahead.. But don't feel draggin people into my nonsense is fair really 🙂

To answer the original post question though I find success anywhere.. Supermarkets seem oddly fruitful ! Dating sites and just randomly because I am a mouthy outspoken shit bag way to full of opinion lol 😉 people like that.. I never use the remote I forget it exists haha!! Barking 🙂

I had the best luck in college where we were all in the same or similar boat. We could visit every day and check each other out without it being obvious and we could decide if we wanted to see each other much more casually than on a dating site. It was much more natural than this abstract, digital environment. I'm bad at digital, I guess. Or maybe I'm just so much better in person when it's not a dating situation and girls appreciated not getting hit on all the time. Beats the hell out of me how this whole thing works!

similar. Once schooling ends the chances of meeting someone in a naturalistic setting really diminishes. I don't think I would go with someone from work.

No way I'm trying it out at work! There's a few people like myself and we know who each other is but still, we'd end up on a committee together if the deal blew up! I'll look elsewhere🙂

A lot of great and interesting stories on how people met. I never had any luck, myself. I tried 4 different dating sites with no luck. I dated a co-worker once that went south quick and ended even worse (and I do mean worse). Several setups from friends never worked either (they all ended up cheating on me or going back to their last boyfriend). Once I asked a worker at a grocery woman out once, and that never worked out. Saying all this, sure makes me sound bad. Believe me, I am a nice guy. Seeing all these awesome stories, does give a guy hope I can still find someone to be with.

I live in the country.... the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. But religion is big here in WV and so is Trump. Education low, worldly knowledge (diversity) is zero. Clannish behavoir rules. Everyone grew-up with everyone else and was married to half of them at least once, or their cousins. Online "dating" websites are the only way for me. I need a lady a couple hours away who has travelled beyond county lines and understands there's more to the world than her family-church bubble.

It usually happen when I'm not at all looking or expecting. Could be any time any place... Ramdom... chaos in action.

Music venues work best for me, but then I love music so it is a likely place to find people that also love music.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 17, 2018

I have had success on dating sites and completely random/unexpected situations just about anywhere.

Me it's dating websites or the supermarket for some reason ! 😮

Still trying to find the right place and time......

In the beginning, it was always through high school/friends.....and a few random encounters at SIx Flags. Later, it became work, pubs, and nightclubs, and occasionally at college. I met quite a few women at Mardi Gras in both New Orleans and Saint Louis. However, for the last 12 years or so, it seems to be mostly online, through MySpace, then Facebook, then OKCupid.

I found two boyfriends on ok cupid.

Met my two ex-husbands in bars. One in college at school 99 Club and second in a bar performing in his band Mantis. My next long term relationship of ten years we met through a personals ad in newspaper. Have met many through dating sites. Met member here but we weren't compatible.

My friend is active in a singles hiking club. He said that there is usually a ratio of 4 men to each woman.

Note to women: Join a hiking club!

those kinds of things seem best. or dance classes (if you don't have to bring a partner)

I had lots of success on POF. Sadly they turned out to be gold-diggers and I have no tolerance for that crap or else they were bat-shit crazy and a few turned out to be bible thumpers which I clearly stated in my profile that I wanted non-religious. One even turned out to be all 3, a gold-digging bat-shit crazy bible thumper.
So that's why I'm trying Agnostic.com out. Regardless of the very small pool availability of suitable compatible companionship prospects, at least the conversations are interesting once you weed out the trolls.
I dated a number of attorneys on Match (I'm a former paralegal) but it turned out that they really didn't have time for a relationship no matter how much they wanted one.
So here I am.

Ditto lol !!!!!!

Wow, a triple (actual!) threat found you!
My course on How To Read Between The Lines Online is only $39.99, and sounds like a wise investment!

connecting with people that ended up being gold diggers doesnt sound ideal to me 🙂

@JustJan POF is a free online dating site. It's called Plenty of Fish. And as I found out, there's a lot of catch and release going on.

Lol

I had been entirely single, tried dating through websites, lost that interest, and then this site happens. Joined it in December with no real expectations of meeting someone from here. And then, Voila! A gentlemen in a neighboring county to me appeared out of the blue on this site, we met and the connection was real and honest. We are still together since meeting in January but officially "steady" February 18. He left this site shortly after meeting me as this site served its function for him. I still enjoy this community as, ultimately, I joined to meet like-minded intelligent individuals. Win/win for me. Best of luck to you!

good for you!

@evestrat made my day 🙂

Could start a hashtag for it?

match.com

BD66 Level 8 Apr 17, 2018

Did you have any issues running into fake or bad profiles on Match?

I'm 51, and I kept getting notifications that beautiful young women in their 20's were interested in me. I dated 6 women close to my age 44 to 54, and I've been dating the same women exclusively for 4 months, so it worked for me. The beautiful young women were amusing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59784
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.