Agnostic.com

8 14

According to Biblical Scholars, Jesus the Christ is a historically accurate person but the only place you can find him in historic documents is the Xstian religious texts. The man walks on water, calms the sea, feeds the masses and raises the dead but somehow nobody wrote any of this down and apparently he never paid any taxes either.
[atheists.org]

Surfpirate 9 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The sonova b didn't even pay taxes, cheap f** bastard, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, yeah right. 🤬😅

First, It is written that Jesus character paid tax.

In the Gospel account, in Capernaum the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax ask Peter whether Jesus pays the tax, and he replies "Yes". When Peter returns to where they are staying, Jesus speaks of the matter, asking his opinion: "From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?" Peter answers, "from others," and Jesus replies: "Then the children are exempt. But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake (the Sea of Galilee) and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours." [en.m.wikipedia.org].

Second, to understand Jesus character you must have an understanding of illogical atheist Richard Dawkins meme mind virus organism.

"Dawkins's own position is somewhat ambiguous. He welcomed N. K. Humphrey's suggestion that "memes should be considered as living structures, not just metaphorically"[12] and proposed to regard memes as "physically residing in the brain."[13] Although Dawkins said his original intentions had been simpler, he approved Humphrey's opinion and he endorsed Susan Blackmore's 1999 project to give a scientific theory of memes, complete with predictions and empirical support.[14]" [en.m.wikipedia.org].

Having then understanding of the meme organism, you then need understanding of the development and evolution of a mind meme organism or mind virus.

Here is a brief explanation I have copied here to help you understand.

Physic of information is a good starting point. Knowledge is physical. Brief review of natural patterns: Hydrogen is said to fuse in stars to build larger elements. The elements combine making a plethora of compounds. We get the single cell of an organism brought about by these patterns. The single cell said to evolve into many organisms, to which, single celled organisms has not evolved into the same organism such as homo sapian. Cognition based organisms and cognition interaction by natural means can be seen on a small scale of brainless slime mould cognition of a group of single celled organisms and zombie ant fungus parasite controlling cognition of ant for reproductive purposes.. You were once a single celled organism when you were a zygote. From there, at least, your cognition grew and developed to what it is now. A mind virus as small as a word, stuck in the brain could grow to become greater cognition capabilities for what was once called demon possession. These things may now be viewed as different kinds or development levels seen as bipolar, schizophrenia, causing visual or hearing hallucinations, multiple cognition virus organisms/multiple personality disorder or larger scales or types involve groups of individuals as seen with illogical atheist/agnostic Jim Jones and killing over 900 people. Some cognition mind organisms may be symbiotic and others parasitic to the “Host".
For then, consider a mind meme that transmits thru many generations of people as it grows and develops as the old testiment people of Israel pass on their cultural meme.
John 1:1 in the beginning was the logos, the logos was with God and was God. John 1:14 …the logos become flesh (a person).
John 3:6 …that which is born of Pnuema…
Pnuema of greek corresponds for the meaning related to ruach: force like breath. The power of words spoken.
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
For just one example of scholar comparing old to new testiment : Paul Humber author of: 400 Prophecies, Appearances or Foreshadowings of Christ in the Tanakh (Old Testament). This shows us the purported life of Jesus in new testament was a repeat of old testiment”meme", or logos(thought, word, speech). One view could say, the life of Jesus was preprogrammed by old testiment. D.N.A. is the preprogrammed genetic code that makes up our physical bodies. Not to say our entire lives are preprogrammed by genetic code, but to compare the life of Jesus a “cognition entity", preprogrammed to fulfill laws and prophets as the words, logos and meme are the programming cognition entity “D.N.A.”.

1 Corinthians 2:16 …But we have the mind of Christ.
Only giving brief overview, we see objectively what they originally meant and and what the new testiment gives eye witness statements for. Now with scientific understanding about cognition and Illogical atheist Richard Dawkins articulation of a mind cognition organism for understanding the natural means of the bringing about of the Egyptian, Jesus style God, into the nation of Israel about 2000 years ago. Isaiah 19:25 ... the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance.” I would like to make it very clear that the natural observation of this in-person appearance of Lucifer the devil most commonly known as Jesus the Christ, king of the Jews: this natural appearance of occurance does not eliminate nor does it restrict anything of “supernatural “ corrilations or interactions.

Word Level 8 May 25, 2021

So where's the tax receipt? Using the bible to support the claims made in the bible is not proof of anything except a good story.

This incoherent idea salad is too incomprehensible even for a church.

@Surfpirate. Your statement claims with out proof no taxes were paid by Jesus character. I am not saying it is proof of anything other than according to what is written as it says Jesus character paid taxes.

@editor20 evidently for 2000 years mind organism has not been comprehended by church related people. The mind organism as explained by illogical atheist and biologist Richard Dawkins is a work of genius that many are not perhaps smart enough to understand.

@Word My statement is that 'apparently' he paid no taxes either, as in there is as yet no concrete proof that Jesus paid taxes, except perhaps the Bible, which is not a proof. Don't go making mental leaps and start putting words in my mouth or I will take them out and stick them up your ass. Savvy?

@Surfpirate Better wear rubber gloves. LOL

@xenoview or use a mop handle as a plunger. 😉

Not all Biblical scholars. Some who approach the topic from a purely secular and historical point of view admit that the historicity of the person described in the Canon, all miracles aside, is dubious at best. Even if the guy existed, so what? One thing should be obvious, no deity ever interbred with a human girl to create a half-man, half-god with superpowers. In short, there is no such thing as a miracle.

Zeus did it a lot, according to the greeks.

I always like the story that historian Dr. Richard Carrier tells about how, apparently, accordingly to biblical texts, the day Jesus was crucified the skies darkened over for hours, there were rumblings of earthquakes, and the dead crawled out of their graves like something out of the zombie apocalypse, and yet somehow there's not a single reference to any of these events in any contemporaneous accounts or histories. You would have thought someone would have written down something as impactful as these. No. Just another day of extraordinary phenomena, apparently. Nothing to report. Yet we are supposed to believe that god turned up and died and then came back 3 days later. Right.

Here it is

It is true that history says nothing of him and no mention of him occurs in his own time. Imagine that calming the sea would be something most fishermen would want. Feeding the masses would be popular if lots of folks were hungry. In the OT there was about 9 people raised from the dead, but this happened before the writers knew we would have books on it today. Since other religions had people raised from the dead it must have been very popular. Walking on water must have been a good trick but Jesus always hung around fishermen and boats.

You'd think those things would be more newsworthy even back then.

AFAIK, Frank Zindler is not a biblical/textual scholar . . .

Bart Ehrman (a non-believer) IS :

[en.wikipedia.org]

[bartdehrman.com]

I'm just looking for a tax receipt or a stone tablet that says the fucker ever existed, got nada.

Let's take up being Devil's advocate:
1: He was very poor. A beggar, really, so wasn't taxed. The only way to really beat the system is to not personally buy anything.
2: Very few people wrote anything at all in those days. Scribes were scholarly people because they could write. Parchment, itself, was expensive. That's why God carved words in stone (haha). Therefore, nobody writing it down is not a big surprise.

So basically, you got nothin. lol
That's what I said.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598813
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.