Agnostic.com

13 6

Really?!!!

Do speak with religious folks and then think, there's no way they thought thru what they claim to believe?!🤔

Freenthinking 3 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible” SClemens

When it comes down to it we all believe what we do based on events in our lives, upbringing as well, and others like family and friends to some extent play a part as well.

Most people do not.

In my experience, the vast majority of “religious’ people do not have working knowledge of their own religion. So objective discussion is a waste of time.

It seems that with at LEAST 90% of ALL believers of/in Religions actual THINKING in a reasoning manner or allied with Reasoning itself is a very very foreign concept/country that they avoid with all their strengths and abilities possible.
Most religions INSTRUCT their Followers, and Islam is NO different what-so-ever btw, by repetitive means over and over again and again until the Follower/Followers are merely recitative 'vessels' who simply spout forth the required recitations at the mere drop of a word/hat or whatever is needed.
Individuality/Individual Thought, for the most part, are STRONGLY discouraged/frowned upon severely in the Universe of Religions and Religious Beliefs, i.e. ONE MUST believe WITHOUT Question or Doubt, One MUST NEVER waiver from the Flock nor the Belief and, Above all else, One must Always be obedient and respectful to the Leader of the Church/Congregation, etc, etc.

The inability of such people to think stands out to me like a sore thumb.

If you are fundamentalist Christian you have to blindly accept Genesis along with the stories of Jesus in the wilderness with the Devil and so forth. Just who was there to record the events is not very plain. You have to believe all this on "blind faith" which is very lame.

I recently saw a church called Anointed Faith Tabernacle. Isn't that name sort of like saying "help me to believe?" Oh, god, please anoint my faith!

They are told to accept the religious stories on blind faith. As a child, I was brainwashed by my parents to accept the Mormon myths on blind faith. Happily, I did some research in my 20s that showed me why it is nothing but mythology. Then I researched Christianity in general and discovered that it's all bunk.

The same thing happened when I enquired into my islamic upbringing I and realized how it isn't so appreciatably different from any other religion in any way and thought to myself well that's that. It was intellectually so liberating and easy to discard.

Hello and welcome. The main thing which drives people to religion is laziness. Being told what to believe and letting someone else pretend to think for you, is the ultimate form of mental indolence, and therefore religions greatest gift.

Hey there and thanks mate. That's pretty fair assessment of religion in general.

Yep, it eliminates the responsibility for their actions. It's what I call the "I was told to do that or that's what I was told". group of morons.

There is no thought process with the religious cast. None at all. One is wasting one's time talking with them and thinking that they will actually think about it.

Agree, I normally hold my peace but I occasionally do enjoy the engagement though I'm normally left disappointed and in despair for humanity.

I never discuss anything with them except what's necessary for basic chatter.

Thought and religious beliefs go together like fun and a tax audit.

Nailed it! 🤣🤣🤣 To the cross!🤣

That is absolutely true. In my opinion, most theists do not think at all. They are indoctrinated by their parents religion and just listen to what their theist authority figures preach to them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:599849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.