Agnostic.com

40 10

Is there a word or phrase that makes you say "ew"?

Words have different meanings for different people. Some offend, some seem pretentious, some are just silly. The words I'm thinking of, are just simple words, that bug us, or make us a bit uncomfortable. Like "moist", I guess there is some science behind it. I haven't read it yet.

Mine is "hump", used in sexual context. I believe it's because it reminds me of elementary school. I have heard it used by adults, that is when my face scrunches up, and I think "ew"

This is an older video, but it makes me laugh.

Stacey48 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yeppers. (yes)

"My bad" comes to mind. I don't know if it's gross or cringeworthy, but it drives me nuts. LOL!

Moist. In any context. Cringeworthy.

Yes! “Have a blessed day.”

LeeG Level 2 Apr 28, 2018

Current one is US authors using drug instead of dragged.

Lush, really annoys me.

I'll have to go with Chlamydia. Not nice in any way.

Duke Level 8 Apr 28, 2018

"Ewe"?

Any version of the word "empower". It was a buzz word at a former place of employment for me. It was way overused. It's been almost four years since I left there. My right eye still twitches when I hear it.

"Moist" is horrible. It actually activates my gag relfex.

How about "rancid."?

LIKE, which has been used for years now, especially by teenagers.

Panties. I HATE that word. Just call it underwear.

It is easier to say take your panties than take your underwear off

Yes, it is spelt Ew

@Stacey48 Does not matter. Know what you mean.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.