Agnostic.com

15 3

Does any one hate a sport just because it's popular? I know the question makes me sound like a hipster.

AlexiaJaquet1 5 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All I know is that sports involve balls, and guys playing with balls, and balls. I find it hard to hate that.

Americans spend to much time viewing sports . What’s even more ridiculous and a total waste of time is watching sportscasters argue about game strategy, players etc . People in large groups acting like morons and actually fighting while watching a ball game indicates the mentality of these people.

I do not like watching sports .People waste an extraordinary amount of time in front of a tv watching over paid numsculls throw different types of balls around while they slurp their beer and argue and debate about who manipulated the ball better .Then they loose money by gambling on who wins the stupid game .They should get off their asses and go outside and actually play the game .

Yes. 'Aussie Rules' in our country particularly as one of the 'social openers' from most is 'Who do you go for? I cannot fathom why in a country comprised of 5 million anglos and 19 million multicultural nationalities, most of whom come from countries that play soccer, why this obssesion with aussie rules persists and even more unfathomable, some of the most devoted fans are greeks and italians. A mate is adamant that it should be taught in schools. I have terse discussions with him regarding history of the game which is only100 years old. It was derived from Rugby in a way but was mainly introduced to keep the cricketers fit and healthy during the winter months. I don't hate it because for many, particularly in Melbourne, it is an all consuming conversation and many have no other interests, hence the anti-ossie rules movement.

Probably it is because soccer is boring. We're as north American/ausie rules football has some entertainment value.

Not because they are popular but I just have never been interested in sports in general. The only sport I ever cared anything about is circle track racing. 1/4 mile, high banked dirt track. I don't care for NASCAR or even the longer 1/3 or 1/2 mile dirt tracks. But put 24 cars on a 1/4 mile high banked dirt track and you got a rodeo. Put on your fire suit, buckle yourself in a 5 point harness, put on your neck brace and full face helmet and get down there with them and you got an adrenalin rush like you won't believe. But I saw two men killed in 07, lost my nerve and sold my modified in 08 and don't even go to watch more than once or twice a year anymore.

I hate Alabama football because you can't escape it. I am happy ever year the don't win a nation championship.

It is my believe that most professional sports are an arm of the military industrial complex, call it what you like, intended to maintain an us or them, my team won, your team lost. Divide and conquer. I don't follow any of them, no world series, no super bowl, no Stanley Cup, no whatever they call the basketball thing.
I enjoy playing sports, as long as any competitive aspects are kept to a bare minimum, just fun and exercise and community, amen...
LOL / ROFL

I've never been much interested in sports. Maybe it's my nerdy nature, or the fact that I gravitated towards music at an early age, not throwing a ball around. Oh, I used to like throwing a frisbee around with my friends, or riding a bicycle, etc. but I never had an interest in organized sports.

I think that professional sports is just Big Business- they have taken most of the fun out of sports. We kids might have had a lot of fun playing an impromptu game of touch football or whatever, when we were high school age or younger. But pro sports is all business and not much fun- gotta keep those advertisers happy and the money rolling in.

I just don't see the appeal of watching a bunch of overpaid, not-too-bright athletes battle each other on a playing field. Not to mention that a lot of them are actually thugs (I'm thinking of the NFL).

To sum up, I don't actually hate any sport - it's just not on my radar.

no, i just don't like sport really especially to watch. id much rather go to a concert any day.

Football. Yuck.

I hate most sports in general, but football is usually the one that comes to mind most often as something I hate. I have to guess that is probably due to it being the most popular sport. I don't think I hate football simply because it is popular, but since it is so popular it's the one that irritates me the most, because it's so hard to get away from it.

All that said, I do enjoy watching some of the more unusual or less popular sports in low doses, such as : surfing, mountain biking, off road truck racing, drone racing, Olympics in general, skateboarding, BMX, and others that escape my mind right now.

I'm not a fan of Baseball ,but MMA to me is a Yuuuge Joke , that only those never trained in real Combative Arts think is Kool . The more people talk about it the more repulsed I am of it's very existence

No, I find real reasons to not like sports. Usually, it has to do with politics. That fucks up everything.

I agree!

I hate 'em all.

I try to be fair-minded and treat all sports with the same contempt regardless their popularity. πŸ™‚

Is that a redundant Q ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6009
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.