Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Donald Trump is (Finally!) Losing Support Among White Evangelicals and Catholics | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

I guess they could not keep up their own appearances while procticing long term hypocrisy.

snytiger6 9 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At least some of those people can be enlightened at some point. To some degree it was a little to late. They should did that before the scum bag was elected.

Article is a year old, wonder where he stands now.

It is a pleasure to see Christians dumping their fat bald Jesus surrogate.

but not as much as is needed

Maybe you can fix stupid.

Good luck with that. I just read that the election of tRump and the rise of rabid republicans is not a problem but a symptom of where we are (still) headed. This came from a piece I started reading a in the April/May issue of "Free Inquiry" ( one publication from the humanist group) titled 'Post-Humans on a Sterile Promontory.' It's very long and I didn't want to start but did and can't put it down (it's not for the fainthearted). [secularhumanism.org]

@JackPedigo I agree; was just kind of kidding. There is no quick fix, but it must start with quality education and critical thinking. By then, it may be too late. I think the country is in great danger at the moment. Within the next few months, something must be done to start turning things around.

@Organist1 I just made a reply to another who touted 'education.' Since my late partner was in the education field I gained a lot of knowledge of this and learned that, as a resource, education has it limits. The influx of people from different countries into this country has stretched education to the breaking point. Once a talk was given by a representative of the Seattle School District and she said in this district some 150 different languages were being spoken. Some were so obscure that if one could speak it and English they would be hired as an IA with no other qualifications. All the programs, bootstrap, translation (writing and spoken), English education for the parents and on and on have caused funding to be taken away from special ed (which includes both American and immigrants). My late partner once got entangled with a kid from Africa who turned up unannounced at her school. It turned out a church has sponsored a man, his 4 wives (1 main wife and 3 'family members) and 32 kids to come to the US. A meeting was held and a man showed up with a pregnant woman carrying a baby (not hers but one from another wife) and their 18 yo son as translator. She worked for an international school and there were many such horror stories. At one time the state supreme court said the state had a $1 billion shortfall in its education program. This is absolutely another population issue and it will break us. My late partners son (a converted S. Baptist) said they practice critical thinking (but they criticize others thinking not their own). Sorry, it seems, of late, from some of the stuff I've been reading I'm on a kind of bandwagon.

@JackPedigo I understand, but they don't seem like core Trumpers. Those are the ones being indoctrinated by Faux News, and the ones causing trouble right now. I think it's already way too late.

Now if their priest/pastors/preachers would preach about How To Be An Actual Christian instead of hatred, all would be lovely!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:601607
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.