Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Godless grifters: How the New Atheists merged with the far right | Salon.com

Interesting breakdown. Don't agree with all of the editorializing, but there's still some damning stuff here.

WilliamCharles 8 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You will find that these "new atheists" tend ti be Ayn Rand believers. To a great extent, they are essentially self-centered extreme libertarians,.

So what. Nobody is ever perfect, if you waited for a perfect person to come along before you would consider any of their views worth listening to, then you would be sitting alone in perfect silence for a very long time.

They're not high priests anyway and there's no sacred atheist texts. I have several of my issues with some of them, but also agree with some of their controversial positions. I used to love listening to Lawrence Krauss lectures, but now get a weird vibe. Before I learned of his scandal, I remember a kind of creepy "joke" he made about the "hot girls" in the audience meeting him backstage after the presentation.

Still, I've learned a lot from most in this group. But I do take issue with some of their behavior.

How the hell does people saying stuff that would make Rush Limbaugh proud count as "nobody is ever perfect?"

@Druvius Beware of the echo chamber, and not getting out among enough people.

I am pretty sure that I personally have BOTH, views right wing enough to make Rush Limbaugh blush, as well as some so far left, they would make Leon Trotsky gibber. Plus a lot in between, and some that nobody else would believe could even exist.

And what is more I don't see any logical inconsistencies between them. And I am not that sure I am all that different from a lot of people.

Unless one sides with the purveyors of "perfect beings", in terms of CT, perfection doesn't exist !
IMO, use of that word amounts to :
[en.wikipedia.org]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:601859
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.