Agnostic.com

11 2

Who wants to live forever ? Why/not ?

Surveys on life extension have yielded seemingly self-contradictory results.

[lifespan.io]

[sciencedirect.com]

FearlessFly 9 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's working so far for me.

Sure, why not but it’s not possible.....

Quality of life matters a great deal more to me than quantity. So, I would not mind if I could truly LIVE forever, but just exist? Hell, no.

Didn't ask for existence in the first place.

Word Level 8 June 13, 2021

Forever is obviously a long time, But as long as I could enjoy pizza and ice cream, looney tunes and Have some friends around, I might make it to half of forever.

I have no desire to live forever. How could we even appreciate life/existence if it lasted forever? What would we strive for? What would we cherish? A long healthy life (perhaps even a life of a couple of hundred years or so)? Sure. Forever? No thank you!

Joanne Level 7 June 13, 2021

knowing that the drag of having to tolerate this shit world full of morons will come to an end is about the only thing that makes life tolerable.

As people lead utterly meaningless lives filled with dishonesty and dishonor, yeah, why go on living?

I wouldn't mind continuing to live if my health and acuity remain intact. I believe the supplement regime has helped me get this far, so I'm already on board. Entropy is calling though...

No. Human life is too frustrating and painful. Further, it yields very little payoff for the experience. Earth is beautiful? Yes but I could have missed it for other beautiful places and not known.

Move to North Dakota. You might not live forever, but it will feel like it.

I spent a month there one weekend. πŸ™‚

@FearlessFly I believe it. We played a gig in Minot for a week. It was such a bad experience we drove the 760 miles back to Denver right after the last night of the job when we had the rooms for one more night. An awful week. It was like going back in time 25 years it was so backwards.

Not even interested

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603169
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.