Agnostic.com

6 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People who twist the facts to conform to their narrative are always full of sheet.

Yes. I was a Christian and I can remember trying to explain some of the Bible’s bullshit. I couldn’t and then I realized I was using reverse thinking. Instead of using all the facts to make a logical conclusion . I was making a conclusion first and then twisting the facts so that it fit

Such things are a crock wherever they are. So is the DC area Museum of the Bible.

I visited a more high-end “Creation Science” museum in Southern California a while back with two young public school science teachers who also considered themselves christians. It was my first time visiting such a place, but the nicely presented misinformation gave me no surprises. I was much more interested in how my friends navigated the gaps between their knowledge and their faith. To my relief, they easily spotted the flaws in the presentations and avoided the “controversy” paradigm: that this issue had two sides, each deserving to be heard. Still, I know so many others could/would use this propaganda to bolster their chosen ignorance, as illustrated by a small bus load of kids from an area christian school being ushered in by their enthusiastic teachers and parents as we left. A shudder went down my spine …

If sin did exist, a major aspect of Creationism would be the dishonesty and telling lies for selfish reasons. Creationists may not be sinners, but they are degenerates.

Perfect response. But one wonders why anyone would visit in the first place.

I would visit such a place just for the laughs. (Yes, there is a nasty part of my personality that enjoys ridiculing such willful ignorance.)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.