Agnostic.com

8 9

LINK Missouri Has Declared Federal Gun Laws Invalid. Can It Do That? : NPR

😂😂😂😂. Yeah. NO!!!

This guy thinks he can just circumvent the US Constitution and override Federal law.

What's really fun? He's going to fine any cop that attempts to carry out Federal Gun laws $50,000. 💵 💵 💵

I think he's high or drunk on the KoolAid. 🥴🥴🥴

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Often called Governor Hee Haw, Parson is even a laughingstock in Missouri. This law has all the makings of Pandora's box. there's discussion that enforcing any federal criminal statute might be complicated by this harebrained stunt. Could make Missouri a haven for gun runners and anyone else smart enough to exploit a huge hole in the law. We will see if this goes anywhere and if any smart crooks decide to try their luck in a state that gives them a red carpet.

Passing blatantly unconstitutional laws has been a GOP tactic for decades. These are the people who are truly spitting on the flag and all it represents.

Another Republican moron trolling for votes, guys like this were responsible for civil war

bobwjr Level 10 June 19, 2021

"Parson, a Republican, said in a press release that the legislation 'draws a line in the sand and demonstrates our commitment to reject any attempt by the federal government to circumvent the fundamental right Missourians have to keep and bear arms to protect themselves and their property.'"

I have to call bullshit. The Constitution does not guarantee any individual the right to "keep and bear arms to protect themselves and their property." The right to bear arms is reserved to those involved in the militia, and solely for the purpose of protecting the state.

If you disagree, please feel free to show me where in the Constitution, or any of the amendments, it says I'm wrong. I'll wait.

Heller vs DC, 2008, the SCOTUS did in fact rule that the right to bear arms is an individual right. So the government cannot ban guns outright.

Federal law supersedes State law. Fully automatic Uzi, sawed off shotguns, hand grenades, flame throwers, missile launchers are against federal laws that prohibits the right to bear those arms. Republicans are morons. Those legislators deserve to have their heads blown to pieces off their shoulders. Let's see how much they're for this bullshit then.

barjoe Level 9 June 18, 2021

Sadly they're not morons they're just using the system to rally their base which consists of many emotionally retarded people.

The reality here is a two fold thing. Parsons is our governor but he cannot override Federal Law and nobody is trying to take our guns. My guess is that he fears he might not be re-elected so he wants to go along with Trump and Q people. We have plenty of those and Parsons may be correct on not getting re-elected.

Please don't mind me. I adore our language. But I am forced to correct your spelling. It's Misery. Not Missouri. I hope I don't offend...

@SeaGreenEyez
I'm sorry. There are some beautiful places there. I just have an ex-methhead/car thief from Misery.

@SeaGreenEyez It's not the cities that the issue of ignorance. It's the rural areas....

@SeaGreenEyez
As one of my sisters has always avowed, there are rednecks all over the world.

@Holysocks And mine was female.

@MerlinZap
Your car thief/methhead?

Until the state does something that harms someone, no one has standing to take the state to a federal court.

@SeaGreenEyez Extreme/overt snub to the Constitution is a hallmark feature of the evangelical, conservative, republican cult.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.