Agnostic.com

21 6

Purpose

What's your goal in life? If there is no afterlife, what do you personally do to magnify this life?

SteveTrainer 3 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do what the squirrel and groundhog do.

skado Level 9 June 29, 2021

Lol, which is what, exactly? 😂

@BeeHappy

Be. (happy)

My first, greater purpose, is to lose the arrogance which makes me think that I should have a greater purpose.

My second, lesser purpose, is to make the world a happier place, if I can, and at least enjoy my happiness if I can't.

“Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in”

The only "purpose" we have is to procreate and ensure the species continues. Everything else is what we make it.

Eh I'm good. Already lived longer than I was supposed to.

redhog Level 7 June 29, 2021

I live it as everyday unfolds, take every opportunity to make the world a better place. Be a builder not a destroyer. 😉 Oh yeah welcome to the nuthouse. 😁

I just want to leave things a tiny bit better than how I found it.

Purpose. That immediately brought to mind Steve Martin in the movie The Jerk. "I found my special purpose!"

I was after he met Patty wasn't it?

@oldFloyd
The leather clad biker? Yessir. He even wrote to his 'mother' about his discovery.

My goal or purpose, if any, would be: to not feel the need to “magnify” this life at all.

Mvtt Level 7 June 29, 2021

I'm retired now, so, I do what I want when I want, so, I'm good here.

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.

I think "purpose" is wholly subjective.
It varies depending upon the individual.

Personally, my own purpose is exactly that. My own.
I don't feel the need to share it with anyone.

I do what I want and what I like. To be able to freely do this in life is actually your purpose.

To continue to evolve through learning and knowledge and enjoy life.

Good question! My goal is to pursue happiness.

To live and be healthy as long as I can, taking as many pension payments as possible.

I am happy to open my eyes in the morning, greet my dogs, enjoy my coffee & Word Feud, then tackle a task, or 2, or 6....what else is needed?

the ring dang doo.

I enjoy life with my gf. We don't know if there is an afterlife.

Easy, you can take any of this with you!!!

You can just quit paying your person loans an credit cards if you are at 65 years of age or older, if you are on SS, SSDI, VA, and RR retirement or other US Government paid retirement and/or support!!!

They can not garnish your SS, SSDI, RR retirement, and VA unless you have more than twice your monthly benefit in your bank!!!

Seek help, if you can not pay your credit cards or personal loans seek and use the Laws that protect you over the age of 65, you do not have to go without food, shelter, or prescription!!

[helpsishere.org]

These are legal methods with no cost!!!
I do not sponsor or ask any one to follow, adhere, or comprehend these legal methods!!!
You do not have to live in fear!!!

won’t be very kind to your credit rating though, if that is a thing for you

@bbyrd009

In these times you are rated by banks and financial institutions that get their money on the Repo market for next to Zero or zero%!!!

The average interest rate on credit is over 24% ranging upwards to 35% to 400%!!!

If you are not able to buy food, your shelter, or your live saving meds!!!

So a credit rating is not worth shit if you can not support yourself while doing without the basics!!

Not everyone has the advantage of not being old and/or disabled!!!

@of-the-mountain “if that is a thing for you”

enjoy everything i can. and nap in between the fun stuff.

I don't consider myself suicidal so reaching my goal is not something I would cons6an active persute but I know I expect that just waiting it out, death will finally set the goal post when its time. But otherwise, My goal in life is to be dead so I no longer have to worry about an existence that I did not want or ask for in the first place.

Word Level 8 June 29, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:606177
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.