Agnostic.com

9 1

Meaning of life

What is the meaning of life?

luke20002 4 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

'Meaning' (which I assume you to intend as making sense of things) cannot be imposed. It can only be what we, and not anyone else, attribute to our own lives, never to those of others, or to life in general. To ruminate any further on the subject is, IMHO, a waste of our time. As one of your fellow Canadians observed:
"Why are we here?
Because we're here
Roll the bones
Roll the bones
Why does it happen?
Because it happens
Roll the bones
Roll the bones"
--Neil Peart

The Point of Life is LIFE

The first main meaning I give to mine, is to overcome the human centric arrogance which makes me think that life should have meaning.

The second and lesser purpose, is to make the world a happier place if I can, and to at least enjoy my chance of happiness if I can't.

Life has no meaning but what you give it.. and some are never given the chance to give their lives meaning. Some of us spend our entire lives looking for the meaning of life and might never find it. If there is an answer to that question I think the answer is completely unique to every person.

Ice Cream has no bones.
True, but about as relevant to anything as ruminating on your question

Life has no inherent meaning. What meaning it develops is a consequence of our thoughts and action and their results -- good and bad.

First, what is meaning?

From Oxford dictionary the meaning of life is:

the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
Similar:
existence
being
living

Word Level 8 July 4, 2021

It's meaningless.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:607166
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.