Agnostic.com

24 2

What about your culture do you like the least?

CULTURE = traditions

Renickulous 7 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

idk what to call it. and idk if its just my culture, or the whole darn world, but what i like least is this idea that everything is the next guys problem. not everyone, but a lot of folks see a problem starting and think oh well, ill be dead before it gets too bad, so its not my problem. i just don't get it, it makes me super sad.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 18, 2018

Very well said, this is very disheartening to me as well.

@Keyboard-Mama i can understand that. i may not have as many years under my belt, but i think part of how we interpret our age is by the experiences we lived. i think ive lived enough experiences to say i have felt that way at times as well. we all get discouraged. thats not such a problem for me. its when you let that though take over the way you view the world. when you let it warp you into someone you wouldnt have liked when you where younger. idk, i don't even know that those people wouldnt have liked their newer selves, i just know if i ever get to that point, i will mourn the loss of that hopeful and caring little girl i once was.

@Keyboard-Mama thats awesome! ive never participated in a march or anything, almost everything nowadays costs money in some way, and im on a tight budget. but i try to find things that don't cost money to do, or maybe a trade or something. i once saw on the news that oregon had had a minor oil spill, and was asking for volunteers. i begged my mom to take me(we live in washington) but we couldnt afford the gas. we had a neighbor family that went to oregon once a month to visit family. i had noticed that they had a doggo that was very stubborn and they were having a hard time training him. i talked it over with my mom first, and asked them if i could trade them. as many lessons as it took to get their pup to be a well mannered fellow, in return for a ride along to oregon.(we had known them for years so i wasnt just running off with strangers) they had to change their usual schedule a bit, but we worked it out. as long as theres a will theres a way

The culture of ignorance that seems to be predominant in America

i have great respect for the Japanese culture. it is based on respect for others so the commuter are quiet (respectfully so) and clean. our culture is sooo self centered and egocentric.

Being an American, I really dont' care for how Americns think o fthmeselves as beign the best and refusing to even look at what other cultures have to offer. So many say "America is th eGreatest country." But, I think this video answers that for me.

I didn't like how my parents looked down on people who were uneducated, lower social standing and different races and ethnicities. Their parents were from immigrant families yet they were prejudiced and discriminatory towards my friends.

That is not necessarily endemic to all Jewish families.

Never mentioned anything about religion.

Shaming others for there non belief of gods. We're a nation thats suppose to be advancing and yet a majority of us are stupid. Oral Roberts cried in tv that god said to raise 6 or 8 million dollars or hes going to die. The last church i atteded had people on stage that stated how well their life has become now that they refinance their house to give the peacher 10 thousand dollars so he could do missionary work in Africa. WTF! THAT WAS IT FOR ME! He was also looking out in the congregation saying us old people had the money to give him... this is the most brainwashed people in America. What is the fuck wrong wirh us? Im surprised we lasted this long.

Too much religion.

The prejudice and singling out. For instance, the Veteran that went crazy killed people doesn't make all vets crazy. The need to blame or point a finger. Sometimes people mess up get over it help them correct it wtf. I can never figure out why people complain so much if they put in as much effort to make thing better as they did complaining the world would change.

Lack of originality and appreciation of it.

Money = Happiness.

Group photos !,!

Football

Fat = Unattractive.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 18, 2018

@Renickulous This is just my unique situation. I workout daily, walking 5 miles a day, strength train for 1 hr per day. Eat an appropriate amount of calories per day between 2000-2500 per day. My blood work comes up with everything in the appropriate range for my age, some better than those who are 10-15 years younger. Yet, my body is maintaining its fat reserves. My diet does not include junk. I weigh 330lbs. It's not a life style choice for me.

My family is fine. My country is still crippled by racism and greed. It keeps us from becoming the great country we think we are.

You know if you are a thing you are that thing. You are American/Canadian. You guys made it and you own it now. You are not Irish/Italian/Polish or whatever. North America is such a weird place on the one hand (especially in USA) you fly flags everywhere, but then on the next deny that culture as being your own. Its like me saying I'm a viking. Yeah probably a 1000 years ago my ancestors where. Now I am English. I talk like an English woman, I do English stuff. Be proud of your culture and if you aren't...change it

sectarianism, william of orange versus the pope.

Since you are also in the H Town area, I'll say the tradition of one person per car. As we pour more and more concrete.

@Renickulous You'd the three consecutive 500 - year floods would give them a clue. Nahhhh, there's money to make. Screw everybody downstream!

@Renickulous We flood every year. Not having as much concrete and not building on every patch of ground would help alleviate the flooding a bit.

Greed bigotism rascism , violence , arrogance [ I was what you'd call a wasp ]

Drinking and negativity

Man where to begin? Let's just say the black community isn't the most open. To things that they don't traditionally believe. I'm sure other cultures are similar. With the keeping others out. This fake pride in your own race but only from outsiders. We can mistreat each other all day long. But when an outsider does it then it's a major issue. Just the closed mindset drives me crazy.

Of UK? The pomp and nonsense of the royals

The myth that we're all drunk wife beaters with small weeners. Irish of course. 80% Irish, 20% who the hell cares. Now hand me the whiskey and a potato.

Except you are Canadian

@Amisja And Irish.

@ArthurPhillips are you an Irish citizen?

@Amisja I'm a Canadian citizen.

@Amisja But the question was about culture.

@ArthurPhillips Have you lived or spent any time in Ireland?

@ArthurPhillips Not having a go but

The religious protestant/catholic divide .

Coldo Level 8 Apr 18, 2018

I was raised with Italian and French maternal grandparents.
There was so much of that culture that was great fun, and most of all, delicious!
However, the worst aspect of it was the level of religious influence.
Catholicism was/is the delusion of choice for most of my family.
Most of the family traditions were rooted in catholic dogma.

Probably the Alcohol and drugs which result in hundreds of deaths each year.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.