Agnostic.com

6 6

Wikipedia's documentation on the history of migrant workers in America is another example of our inhumanity.Braceros have been used and abused forever. I imagine many of them died or were badly disabled by the DDT baths alone.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Lorajay 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Abhorrent chapter in history , they were abused by the farmers as were the white workers, just not as badly

bobwjr Level 10 July 18, 2021

The exploitation of the labourers of poorer countries by richer one has always been a disgrace carried out for no good reason other than to line the pockets of greedy employers.

The need to migrate is woven into the fabric of most animals and we are no exception. If we don't migrate out of the womb then mom will die at twelve months. It's hard on communities resources, at first, but migrants make up for that over decades of residency. Few want to wait decades so they tend to get kicked out or abused. The strong become icons of the community. A big version of evolutionary survival fitness. haha. We'll probably be fully torn apart when the climate migration becomes noticeable.

Do you live a self sustainable lifestyle ?

Are you aware of how many products and goods you utilize on a daily basis that are produced under just as bad or in some places far worse working conditions than the poor individuals you mention here . You are perpetrating what you are against .

fedup Level 6 July 17, 2021

Exactly. It’s a shame some people are just to stupid to realize they are hypocrites.

Yes, and I try to expose those and avoid as many as possible.

You should go tear down the pyramids. Do you have any idea what the Egyptians did a few thousand years ago???

I have been to Egypt and saw drawings and illustrations of how they think they managed to have the slaves built the pyramids. Slavery was as evil then as it is now. I do not want to tear down the pyramids but I do want people to learn about how they were built.

It is a common but totally ineffective way for people who disagree with someone to point out another issue. I feel you're saying maltreatment of poor disadvantage people has gone on forever therefore there's no point in discussing it. I disagree very much because I think we need to be aware of why many of these poor disadvantaged people have stayed poor and disadvantaged. I'm sure many of them that got sprayed with DDT didn't survive very long so perhaps that was just a different way to put them out of their misery.

@Lorajay I just like equality in all forms. If you want to cry about the freest, most ethnically divers, and ethnically tolerant nation on earth; you should probably piss and moan about every other nation on the planet as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610146
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.