Agnostic.com

56 11

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Agree or disagree?

Aralt 7 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, agree. Even with the pain. It's all a part of living and growing. Took me a long time to figure that out.

Agreed

Emphatically WRONG, in my life anyway. I apparently have the judgement of a drunken newt when picking men......

Bwa Ha Ha me too and I don't drink!

@patchoullijulie heehee...me neither, That's what makes it Beyond pathetic!

Agree. I've never been afraid to fail. I am afraid of not trying.
Nothing ventured
Nothing gained.

Agree

Rubbish

Barely a comment - not sure what you think is rubbish or why? Is this bitterness or skepticism or just disbelief?

@ThinkKate What do you think of this one?

Better to have been religious and lost faith than to never have been religious at all.

@bingst Kind of like apples & oranges - like learning about easter bunny and finding out it was based on a number of co-existing myths. - my opinion, of course

Agree

yeppers

skado Level 9 Apr 18, 2018

Life is about the experience so yes agree. Yet if you did not love and had not lost, you would not understand others who had I would say.

I don't think love ever dies. But situations definitely do. Our being persists, but time also moves on whether we want it to or not.

Best-case scenario: you meet someone, love them completely and contentedly until you die. That's good for you....and bad for them. But death is not the only enemy of love-far from it. People change, and what once was harmonious can turn to discord.

The good news is: life is full of redundancy. Love does not comes just once and only once for most of us-it comes again, and again. And if you have loved, and then lost-well, at least you know HOW.

Agree. Life without love and affection is just bland, even if you get hurt.

Abdul Level 2 Apr 18, 2018

I can't imagine anything worse than never having loved at all.

I will also add, every relationship in history was not permanent but temporary. So, pick up the pieces and get out there again!

Can I agree and disagree?

Agree.

Agree. Very much so .

Jury is still out.

I personally believe that love is who we all are, but that a person can feel that he or she has lost love or never loved at all.

I agree. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Maybe! The pain took over to much of my life...after all was lost! But, I did find a different kind of love, that holds life together, so something better was gained!

Oh, yes!

Definitely agree, because it's been life experience and a learning experience. Painful experiences often teach us more about ourselves and life, as well... so, yeah, better to have experienced the joy of love and the pain of loss, than to have experienced neither.

tmaaz Level 5 Apr 18, 2018

You can have a wonderful life without love and what will you miss?

Disagree. to me it says it’s better to grow through pain than not go through pain at all.

Agree. Life is a great teacher and we're here to absorb every lesson. If you never fell in love with a loser, how would you know to never fall in love with a loser again?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61055
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.