Agnostic.com

8 11

LINK A Christian Preacher Demanded Modesty on the Beach; This Woman Wasn’t Having It. | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The guy uses a scripture that in context meant not to flaunt your social status, but which he misinterpreted to mean women should cover up their bodies.

You have to go to Tik Tok in order to see the actual video.

My own opinion is that if there were a god and if he intended people to be clothed, then why were we all born naked?

snytiger6 9 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is something gravely wrong with that preacher's sexuality. (Thinking about it, if he is crazy enough to believe in the Biblical god, he is crazy enough to have issues about sex.)

I've always felt like the Christian right that demands modesty is obsessed with sex and control of their women.

I had a stepson-in-law that started going to one of those modest churches. We gave them a place to put a trailer out in the country so they could quit living with his parents. He built a fence around the trailer and put pitbull dogs in it. He couldn't afford to put any gravel on the driveway so they had to park in the road when it rained. They had one car and he didn't believe his wife should work but he also didn't think they could afford a phone.

Their first Christmas we spent $200 to have a phone line put into their remote location and paid for basic service for a year in advance. Within 6 months he had called his parents long distance enough that they had to have the phone taken out because they couldn't afford to pay the $25 a month and his long distance calls had eaten up all of our advanced payment. I never believed he really installed the fence or dogs to protect her. It was obvious to me they were being used to further isolate and control her instead.

I fail to understand why anybody, man or woman, tries to control how other people dress or have sex. I think there must be something seriously wrong with such control freaks.

Could have gave us much more fur if hiding our fun bits was so upsetting! 😂😂

He shouldn't be looking a women wearing bikinis. What would his wife think?

Running at the same time a story regarding an women’s olympic volleyball team is being fined each day they don’t wear bikinis. Can’t have it both ways, morons…

Zster Level 8 July 22, 2021

It's pretty obvious that the women's outfits in the sport of Beach Volleyball are designed for maximum sex appeal, as the organizers of the sport think that not enough people-men-will watch it unless the women are wearing bikini type outfits, so that's why they fine players for not wearing those outfits. If you look at the history of women's sports, it appears that men were always, until maybe recently and only for a few sports where women might be running things, setting standards for women's athletic outfits that were intended to either make them look modest or to sell the sport using sex appeal, such as the uniforms for beach volleyball, the early women's basketball leagues, and the women's baseball league that began during WWII and ran into the 1950s.

The bottom line is the standards for women's uniforms were always about keeping women modest looking so they weren't too threatening or seem too mannish, or else going to the other extreme to sell the sport by having the women look sexy. It's obvious that, even today, whoever sets the standards for what women wear as athletes in competitions like the Olympics probably has little to do with what most female competitors would like to wear, and more about what male bureaucrats think is the best PR move.

They are so hypocritical when they demand women wear bikinis but men can wear shorts to their knees.

There’s always going to be morons that follow them. Stupid is stupid….ya can’t fix it.

Oh, please!
Let one of these assholes come at me with admonishments from whatever "holy" book they choose.
They'll leave crying.

What a stupid fuck, just wants to look at women, otherwise he wouldn't be there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610993
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.