Agnostic.com

5 19

LINK Illinois becomes 1st state to ban law enforcement from lying, deceiving minors during interrogation | CBS 17

I always feel a little nervous when anything good happens here in the Midwest/Bible Belt. 😬😬😬

Like I'm waiting for the wrath of God or something. I believe this is the psychological damage that's happening by my enduring my time here. 😜😜😜

(This is fabulous news. Now we just need to get 49 other states to follow suit AND apply this to adults, as well as juveniles.) 👍

SeaGreenEyez 9 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But if we did this in all 50 states AND applied it to adults as well, how could the cops keep up with their quotas for sending people to prison???

@SeaGreenEyez, the problem is that each of the cops thinks they are the smartest person in the room.

Good move

bobwjr Level 10 July 22, 2021

It is a start.

Why only minors?

BD66 Level 8 July 22, 2021

I can totally agree……..but at the same time, it is our responsibility as citizens to understand our rights to begin with, which in many, if not all cases, is all that is needed to counter questionable police tactics when talking with them.

Perhaps in theory.

@jlynn37 In reality also…….because I’ve had a few encounters with police when they have tried to use their manually trained techniques to put words in my mouth, or when I was stopped on one occasion, when officers tried to intimidate me into letting them search my lunch cooler because they believed something illegal was in it.

@SeaGreenEyez Remember also that the police have manuals on how to deal with all kinds of this……look at the Good Cop / Bad Cop method. The manuals also instruct police on how to deal with suspects who won’t cooperate……lie to them about witnesses incriminating them and that they already know you are “Guilty” and your best bet in order to make it easier on yourself is to “Confess” to the crime. And all this is legal with the blessings of your lovely SCOTUS. The only time it’s unwise to talk to police is if you are guilty of something in the first place. And it isn’t their job to always tell us about them either. The only time they are required is when your “Miranda Rights” are read to you before/during or after your arrest, and maybe on one or two other occasions I may not be aware of.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610996
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.