Agnostic.com

19 17

LINK Iowa’s GOP Eliminated a Family Planning Program Only to See Abortions Skyrocket | Rebekah Kohlhepp | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

They just never listen. Contraception and comprehansive sex education are the best ways to prevent abortions.

snytiger6 9 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If a gay man can't get a woman pregnant, what would the right bark about then?

if the right barks about abortion, they can't bark about gay sex?

The religious right is a FRAUD!

The Iowa Governor is a wacko period!

I am a gay man and it is none of nobodys damn business who I sleep with!

My bedroom is my fort!

You right wingers are a bunch of Karens who are nebnoses!

I don't care who you sleep with or if you are gay, or anything else.

The Iowa Governor is a wacko! She needs to be impeached!

Kim Reynolds is nothing short of a wackjob!

Kim Reynolds is an evil biatch! She needs to be slapped baldheaded!

Here are the facts for the religious world. God had ordered people to "be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth." Arguments aside on whether the earth might have been "plenished" before, it seems that allowing abortion goes directly against this. It follows in flawed logic that family planning programs are not for the religious.

No! There was no God to order anything!

The religious world is a fraud!

@soobydoody607 My religious world remarks are coming from the bibble. 🙂

DUH, the republican party should be renamed the DUH(mb) party. How many times have we gone through this???

The republican party is a joke period!

The republican party needs to man up!

Iowa is governed by idiots and the willfully ignorant.

With great shame and embarrassment, I must admit you are correct about my lifelong state. We used to have more sanity and even the Repub governor of my youth was a great, progressive leader. That all ended in the 1980s, and for the last twenty years, it has been a one-party state that has become more and more backward and crazy in its ruling party. Among progressives in my state, our nickname has become North Mississippi.

Our only hope is that our aging rural population, which is the base and who elects the Repubs in statewide elections, is dying off and eventually the urban population in Iowa will be enough for the Dems to win all statewide elections. But it will take another decade or two, and even then the Repubs will still control the legislature because of how much that favors the rural areas over the cities, same as the US Senate favors the rural, low population states.

@TomMcGiverin Ouch. Thanks for sharing that news, depressing though it is.

Kim Reynolds is an idiot!

Right on! Kim Reynolds is an idiot!

Planned pregnancies are seldom aborted. Some days I feel like Republicans actually like increased abortion numbers so they'll have a talking point.

Republicans use God as a hate weapon!

I Love Lora! The republicans are a bunch of haters who lie!

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.......

Happily, California law prohibits abstinence-based sex education.

And Washington state has mandated sex education from elementary school.

Blind, brainwashed and dumb is a horrible way to go thru life for any one remotely sane.

Same as the line from Animal House, "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life, son"...

@TomMcGiverin My second favorite all time movie next to Jaws.

@CuddyCruiser It is quite the ride....

It makes sense in their warped mental universe, because, according to them, all you need to do is live right, by getting married young, after being abstinent, then have your kids and then get your tubes tied. Anyone who doesn't practice abstinence before marriage, has sex outside of marriage, or has an unwanted pregnancy, just doesn't have the right values, and deserves to have to suffer thru an unwanted birth. In their minds, abortions only happen because people aren't living right or by the religious right's standards. It's not about really wanting to prevent abortions, it's more about controlling women and forcing them to be good Christians who only have sex within marriage and for making babies. In other words, values that could only be formulated by insecure patriarchal men and incels, which is who Repub men tend to be.

Religion is a big sham and a moneymaker. Women will have abortions regardless of what these right wing idiots do.

The women with the MONEY will still get abortions. Those without the means or connections will not, or get back alley abortions and have permanent damage or maybe die from it, just as it was before Roe v Wade.

I am a gay man and damn proud of it! You macho boys want to debate me about my manliness, lets go!

The so called religious mega churches are all frauds! They use God as a hate weapon!

I had 2 aunts as Byzantine Catholic nuns and I woke up! The religion industry is a money making sham! I was born gay and I am damn proud of it! I am sick of the right trying to tell me who to sleep with!

Stupid is as stupid does.

Put simply, religion creates many, many problems and solves nary a one.

In way it helps with the over population problem of this in planet.

Fucking idiots clearly do not understand the concept of cause and effect.

Conservative are F'ing idiots especially concerning policies.
If their goal was to make America better there would be a lot more free education.
They don't invest in education, so they aren't investing in the future.
It's all about using authority to simply dictate rules and hiring an army of police to enforce that authority.
No provisions are made for the disabled, the impoverished, the disenfranchised, the mentally ill because Conservatives demand conformity and all those people are simply dismissed as evil, demon possessed, or underhanded scheming lazy people.
Remember in Christianity, the religion of conservatives in this country, if your life sucks it's your fault, you don't have the faith for God to help you, and the evidence of your unacceptability to God is your willingness to question Conservative, particularly Christian, competence to implement healthy public policy.
They'll never understand the elementary lessons taught by prohibition.
Have no faith in the faithful, they aren't well informed or wise.

Duh... they just don't get it. Morons all.

Leelu Level 7 July 24, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.