Agnostic.com

11 13

LINK A conservative radio host who downplayed vaccines on his show is on an oxygen machine after a severe COVID-19 infection

A conservative talk-show host who downplayed the coronavirus has contracted a severe COVID-19 infection that now requires that he be on an oxygen tank.

Phil Valentine, host of "The Phil Valentine Show," which airs from Nashville, Tennessee, was diagnosed with the disease earlier this month.

He has since been hospitalized and is on an oxygen machine, brother Mark Valentine wrote in a Facebook post on Friday.

"Phil made it through the nite. He needs to be on an EKMO (sic) machine which is lung part of a heart/lung machine," he said, referring to an "extracorporeal membrane oxygenation" (ECMO) machine, which acts as an artificial lung and heart for the body.

"We're trying to get him to a hospital with that equipment via helicopter," his post continued. "The protocol requires he be able to be on his back for several hours which I didn't think he could do…but he did!"

In another update posted Saturday morning, Mark said Phil is in "critical but stable" condition.

"All of his vital signs are great and the vent is doing its job," Mark's Saturday post read. "We get more optimistic each day!"

On his radio show, Phil suggested the coronavirus is not as serious as health officials have made it out to be.

"I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm just using common sense," he said in a December blog post. "What are my odds of getting COVID? They're pretty low. What are my odds of dying from COVID if I do get it? Probably way less than one percent."

Phil has also said he believes that the only people who needed to get vaccinated against the coronavirus are those with "underlying health issues."

"If you're not at high risk of dying from COVID then you're probably safer not getting it," he said.

Health officials like those at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have previously said that adults with underlying medical conditions have a higher chance of contracting more severe COVID-19 symptoms.

But a COVID-19 vaccination can help curb the spread of the virus and offer protection to others as well.

Since his hospitalization, Phil, 61, has reversed course on his stance, according to Mark.

Now that he's contracted the disease, he "regrets" his comments about the vaccines, his family said.

"Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine', and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon," Mark said in an earlier Facebook post.

HippieChick58 9 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe he’ll be taken off the air? That would be nice.

Is this karma or we should put this under what?

"When" he gets back on the air....that would be, like, Never.
A month on a ventilator has severe repercussions, too bad so sad.....

Serves the ignorant fucker right. He has only himself to blame for his suffering.

Too bad. Sorry your education failed you.

Ahhh, I really feel sorry for him, think he will die? Not that I want that, but lets get real here.

That's great news. One less Right-wing nazi, fillinng the airwaves with lies and disinformation along with racism, bigotry, misogyny and anti-lgbtq hate..good fucking riddance.

Karma is a bitch

bobwjr Level 10 July 31, 2021

Sorry, but just not close to enough of that...

Maybe, that will get some the people of that state to get there head out there ass is and get the shots.

I am weeping crocodile tears

Good, he deserves to die, as all people giving deadly advise to the public.
As Rush Limbaugh taught us, sometimes the only way a hateful ignorant dick head will ever shut the F up is when they stop breathing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612843
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.