Agnostic.com

17 6

What are your quirks?

Quirks are little things that are semi-unique to us. They are like character traits.

Here are some examples of mine:

1. No discussion invited unless I've been up for 20 minutes or longer.
  2. I have double jointed thumbs.
  3. Must watch TV shows in chronological order (except some comedies).
  4. When I have an idea, I like to point my index finger up (not on purpose, I just do it- something my brother also does... probably got it from me).
  5. I do not like anyone poking their finger in my belly button. That's just rude! ; )
silvereyes 8 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate the sound of balloons squeaking or bags when I buy fish. I finish of peoples sentences for them. I'm dyslexic in so much as I can't spell and my handwriting is terrible but strangely I can read really well. I'm using Grammarly so it seems on here that I can spell.

Quirks? I don't have any personally, but other people think I do.

1. Talk to whoever is up first. Act happy and jolly.
  2. My middle toe on both feet are the longest.
  3. Would like to through the tv away. Only receives local news, CNN, and Jeopardy.
  4. When I have an idea I almost wet my pants (my sister has the same reaction ... must have gotten it from me).
  5. I love poking people in their bellies, especially women that I don't know.

@silvereyes No worries, I know you (sort of).

Can't handle watching talk shows where more than two people are talking at the same time. Multi-tasking is not my thing unless its manual, injoy doing dishes, don't do well in crowds.

1. Saying huh? To my wife. She's got a soft voice, I can't hear her.
  2. Telling my wife , baby, I said yes! She'll ask me a question and keeps giving me options after I say yes.
  3. Telling my wife, babe, please get out of the kitchen baby! When im cooking. She'll walk behind me and when i turn around i almost run over her. Im 6'3". She's 5'1". I can't see her...lol.

You really need to rearrange your kitchen!

My refrigerator shortens the distance from the island I work on. When I'm standing there I take up a lot of space..lol. if she squeeze by me when I move she may get crushed. You ever push a barge. It's like a brick wall till you get it going.

VERY sensitive, do not tolerate people who continue to interrupt me as I'm trying to say something, even in jest.

So many...mmm well here's a few..I procrastinate...I hate it when people touch or move my personal belongings... I hate when people feed my pets and then not tell me...I can be extremely quiet or extremely loud...I sleep with a fan on all year round..even in winter...I collect an insane amount of books..also have multiple copies of same books...I hate it when people leave brillo on the bottom of the sink...and get rust all over....I hate when people flick tv channels...I braid my hair in tiny braids.. I sing karaoke..( won many contests) I can rap but not freestyle..I like my coffee table cluttered..

OH - this is a fun one !

My environmental consciousness sometimes causes some oddities :

When riding my bicycle - which I do almost daily - if I see a plastic water bottle on the ground, that still has water in it - I bring it home and use the water for plants.

Whenever I use a public restroom somewhere, after I wash my hands, I usually hold on to the paper towel. When it's still damp, I'll use it wipe spots or bugs off my car, or I'll let it dry and put it in a hanging bag with others. I use those towels to clean up stuff, or cat pukes.

I absolutely love (and know much about) , many creatures that most people want to eliminate : insects, spiders, snakes, alligators (especially!), vultures, rodents, opossums, armadillos etc. And I have, and will handle any of them if need be.

I've never bitten my nails, but I pick the hell out of my cuticles, and then clip off the skin I've pulled loose. All neat and not too noticeable - except to me.

I cut my own hair. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes not. But being curly, it's rather forgiving while the faux pas grows back !

If the temperature goes below 70, I'm cold. I believe I'm part reptile, and have no issues with summers in Florida !

I don't like the taste of coffee or alcohol. Ick.

When I was younger, I won tournaments in both Jacks, and knock-hockey , and still do pretty well with both.

I dislike cell phones, and rarely carry or use mine - except for occasional GPS.

When waiting in a line somewhere, I amuse myself by wondering what each person in front of me looks like naked.

I really like you. 🙂

We have a couple of things in common. I cut my own hair (I'm bald most of the time), I like to ride my bike (don't pick up trash unless I'm hauling my trailer), I'm part reptilian (ridge on my head), I always forget where I put my cell phone, and I'm one of those naked people.

1. When I have a good idea, I almost always forget it immediately.

2. When I was working I would be so meticulous that it caused me to take too long to finish things sometimes.

3. I hate shaving so I just let my beard grow instead.

4. I'm addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

5. Some things I can't mention here. 😉

@silvereyes Does that belly button thing happen to you often? 😛

1. when I exercise only 1 ear is hot and the other is freezing cold. When I get injured enough that my Adrenaline kicks in, both my ears become really hot.
  2. if i get really sad or slightly depressed. My OCD kicks in and I end up doing chores or arrange things. I once lined up all of the chairs and desks in my classroom during recess without having any food.
  3. I have an unusually high pain threshold. So when most people hit their pain barrier and slow down, I can go beyond that. But I end up doing more damage to my body. So it's like an exchange. Feel less pain but still do damage to my body.

The ear thing is weird!

@evestrat I'm so glad I'm not the only one. My sister used to joke to me saying "That just means you only use half your brain" when we were kids. I was so gullible that I believed her.

Everytime I dump... I've to take a shower.

1. I like my feet scratched
  2. I do math problems or puzzles for fun. I did those together with my daughter when she was younger when she couldn't sleep due to anxiety or a bad dream.
  3. I set my thermostat to ~55 in the winter
  4. I take vampire hikes in the summer - leave early enough that the sun never hits my skin. Yeah, I don't like heat. Why do I live in the desert?
  5. I consider waking up at 6 AM to be sleeping in

I would never think about poking my finger into anyone else's belly button. Normal, not a quirk.

1. If I hear a grammatical error in public, I will correct the culprit. Out loud. Even strangers.

2. I have a slightly unhealthy addiction to ice cream. I am entirely capable of going through a tub in one sitting.

3. I'm the same with TV series; what's the point in just watching random episodes for the sake of it?

4. My belly button is sacred ground. No one approaches it on pain of death.

5. I'm quite flamboyant. I often find myself twirling my toothbrush or pen. Whatever utensil I'm holding, be it a spoon, ladle, pan or plate, I will typically make completely unnecessary movements involving said utensil.

6. Although I find it fairly easy to talk to people, I avoid it as much as possible.

@silvereyes Naturally. I wonder if it's possible to dislike it.

1. I do not like people with bad manners that never say thank you ,please ,or excuse me 2. My bed has to be perfectly made up as soon as I get up with absolutely no wrinkles in the bedspread 3. I have about 27 pairs of perscription sunglasses in every type of lens and frame style and colors 4. I must read the news paper every morning 5 People That talk and never listen 6 Hate Late night talk shows and almost all new sitcoms ,
  • I avoid human contact in the morning unless absolutely necessary.
  • I can wiggle my ears, together or one at a time.
  • Noise bothers me. A lot. Unless I'm actively listening to something, I have a real problem with noise in my environment.
  • I often can't remember names and sometimes access the wrong mental file.
  • I have virtually no comedy filter; if I think it's funny, I'm going to say it.
  • I've never poked a woman in her belly button with my finger; with my tongue is a different story.

I bow to your ear wiggling greatness. I can only wiggle them at the same time. It still impresses my kids. 🙂

Um, that belly button thing sounds pretty normal to me. I mean, isn't it more like a quirk to want to do that? lol

I can't eat when I first wake up in the morning. I'm not a fan of fictional TV shows and only watch a few movies, but I'm a huge fan of fanfiction. I am obsessed with my grades. I swear like sailor. I'm loud and obnoxious. Oh, man, I'd better stop there before I develop a complex. 😀

1. I dislike people who are too similar to me in the personality department, which really confuses people who actually like me.
  2. I constantly forget what time it is. I will message/text people at inappropriate hours of the morning when no one should be awake and then check the time.
  3. I hate people touching me unless we are really close, in which case I'm a puppy and want cuddles and petting and head skritching.
  4. I never remember that I have an absolutely unique laugh that strangers love 99% of the time and find incredibly disturbing 0.1% of the time.
  5. I randomly grow my hair and beard out and shave them to skin to mess with people I haven't seen in a while.

Your missing 0.9%. They don't show a like or dislike for your laughter?

Yeah... it's rare, but some people don't acknowledge it at all.

I have no quirks, but apparently my wife disagrees.

Oh - maybe one... I sneeze a lot.

OH! And speaking of the Seven Dwarfs, my wife says I'm also Grumpy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.