Agnostic.com

15 16

I don't have to meet every guy who is attracted. I'm not a puppy.

"I'm planning on visiting one of my properties in Leavenworth, WA soon. I was wondering if you'd be interested in grabbing some coffee or tea at that time, maybe check out the property a little?" Steven asked on Fitness Singles. He lives 360 miles away.

Common sense prevailed

"We live too far apart to develop a relationship," I repeated. (Why he doesn't get this is beyond me.) "There is no point in meeting."

"With the Delta variant 1,000 times more contagious, I want to keep my mask on. A popular tourist trap, Leavenworth is extremely crowded even on the sideways. Most people refuse to wear masks. I'll pass."

I'm not a puppy eager to be petted.

It's not safe to go to remote property with a strange man.

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go with your gut.

You had the vaccine yet? If yes - don't allow your fear of covid to stop you living. If not vaccinated .....doh!!! why mot????

@ShadowAmicus

Fully vaccinated, I don't want to go to a COVID-19 super-spreader event with crowds of unmasked people. Take off my mask to drink coffee? NO.

I refuse to play Russian Roulette with my health just to meet some dude who lives 360 miles away.

@LiterateHiker Your chances of surviving the coffee are much much better than 1 in 6 .... and you know there is more to life than just coffee.
One Life - Live It

Agreed, wise decision.

definitely RUN...no thanks!

360 miles may not be far enough away, but 10 miles may be too much.

He is leading with his own plans, rather than asking you for your preferences.

If I was going to spend some time in Washington (highly unlikely) I would previously have suggested meeting for coffee at a coffee house of your choice. However, your words "I enjoy meeting people" and "We live too far apart apart to develop a relationship" makes me wonder what you are looking for.

I am with you about your thoughts on masks and the Covid-19 pandemic.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Aside from pandemic concerns of course. I’ve had dinner / lunch dates with several woman, most were clear it wouldn’t work out. But stayed in the “here and now” and tried to enjoy the time with them anyway. Are you clear in your posts about your location concerns?
Bottom line is it’s your call…

@Canndue

Normally I enjoy meeting people. But not during the pandemic.

He lives too far away. I want to stay in Washington near my daughter.

@LiterateHiker I know, navigating the pandemic can be tricky. Just saying,

if I met the love of my life, moving to Washington would be an obstacle, but not a barrier 😉

Speaking as a man, most of us are puppies. We really want attention and especially a pat on the head now and then.

If, and it's a massive IF, I ever got to your area I'd invite you for a coffee. In fact, there are quite a few people here I would invite for a coffee if the opportunity arose.

Gee, thanks! I take mine black, with extra coffee.

@Paul4747 Sounds good, but you left out the spoon and a half of sugar.
Imagine having enough "readies" to foot the bill for a large, weekend convention.

All good points, and very sensible. But to be fair, if I were going to be in your area, and I had seen your picture, I'd want to meet you, too.

You are one smart lady I'd say! I agree with your common sense.

@Redheadedgammy

Thank you, dear.

Animals love us because we have hands to pet them with, it also gives us the unprecedented ability to pet ourselves.
Or should I say heavy pet ourselves?
It's certainly safer, after all I've been exposed to everything my body's been exposed to, so triple safe.

Surely you aren't that bored, that lonely or have so much spare time on your hands, that you would say :
"Sure Steve. I'd like that"

twill Level 7 Aug 12, 2021

Your points are very logical to me. Plus, the whole "check out the property" thing with a man you don't know seems really, really weird. Any man I'm interested in is very conscious of the need to assure me of my safety on first meeting, even without Covid, so why doesn't this guy?

Good point, with your looks you won't have any problems

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 12, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:615395
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.