Agnostic.com

6 2

Irony
By definition I am an anti-vaxxer. However, I accept the following (accept rather than believe because it's science).......

Vaccines have been developed and have been proven to work
The theory of achieving herd immunity with a vaccine is sound as vaccines stop transmission.
Modern medicine has been beneficial to humanity and people should take medicine to protect and heal themselves (This applies now in Covid times). This last one my opinion.

Sounds a strange position for an anti-vaxxer to have doesn't it? Being pro science and medicine.
Because you see, the reason I am an anti-vaxxer is because I believe in consent, and I am proud of that stance. So fuck it! I'll be an anti-vaxxer.

[merriam-webster.com]

PS you understand that this would mean that being pro-vax means you want vaccines mandated. Is that as true for you as a pro vaxxer? You are OK with people being forced to take it? Is it true those pro-vaccine want to take away consent?
Of course not.
Definitions are important.
Irony

powder 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The word for you is sociopath.

says the guy who can't even audit his own country's Central Bank lol

id ask you what, tf, is sociopathic in the least about the op, but i already know the non-answer i guess

When your choices increase the odds substantially that other people may be harmed or die as a consequence, your individual choice should be overridden.

@powder Multiply your choice by the number of people who think similarly, and the odds are near 100 percent that lives will be lost as a consequence.

@powder I find your stance irrational and irresponsible.

@powder The lockdowns would not be necessary if people would simply get the vaccinations. It is as simple as that. Thyat is another reason why vaccination mandates are needed.

@powder Another example of politics taking precedence over reason and morality.

So if you're pro-Republican candidate X, that means you think it should be mandated that they be put in office?
If I support the availability and consumption of meat, does that mean I think everyone should be mandated to buy it? Eat it?
If I'm pro-abortion, does that mean I think it should be mandated that every pregnancy be terminated?

If you support the availability and use of vaccines, it doesn't mean you think they should be forcibly given to people. Nice try though.

@powder Well, I'll give you that that definition is far too broad to actually convey specific information.

@powder Actuality, the more I think about it, the more I just think that's an incorrect definition. I don't know anyone who thinks all (or even any) vaccinations should be mandatory for all people.

@powder Can't imagine a context where it would matter in a court of law; it's not a legal term nor does it have legal implications or legal remedies. Someone could say it, but then again, someone could say anything in court.

Italy has the answer. If parents do not wish their child to receive the measles, mumps and Rubella vaccine, that's fine.
But, their children will not be allowed to attend a state school. Freedom of choice is bi-directional.

So by this thought I’ll point this out… the vaccine mandates are being misinterpreted. There is no mandate that everyone MUST get the vaccine. However, if someone wants to participate in society, the mandates require those who want to participate be vaccinated. If someone does not consent, they don’t have to participate.

And this tracks ethically. The social contract concept means anyone in society should do whatever they can to protect those in society. Those actions can include exclusion from participation. Just a thought.

@powder "But that would be an infringement of workers rights I suppose. Easier to mandate and enforce vaccine's than masks, washing and gloves."

100% incorrect. The company I work for has mandated masks for employees, and I doubt they will ever rescind it. A company can make whatever rules they want for their employees and customers. You don't have to eat there, so it doesn't really matter what you want the employees to do. Don't like they're not wearing masks, take your ass somewhere else. No restaurant in your area requires masks, learn how to cook.

As for your dickhead analogy:
There are mandates and laws for driving too. And if they don't follow those mandates, they will get banned from the road. No one is forcing you to get the shot, so don't get it if you don't want to. But you can't blame society for trying to protect itself from dickheads like you, just like you wouldn't blame it for taking away the license or jailing someone who won't stop driving drunk.

@powder There were. Where were you when that happened?

@powder pretty sure its all a wonderful smokescreen, actually fairly ingenious imo; you get to completely hollow out not only the treasury but all that a country can borrow, too, whilst idiots carry your banner for you!

@powder The people whining about vaccines being required for stuff were the same people that were bitching about mask mandates and stay at home orders. They can't have it both ways. The vaccine is how we move past the more restrictive measures. Now all of a sudden you want to support other mandates? Why should we trust you people now when you wouldn't do your part before?

@powder They've know this for a while, and I've been cheering it on. Anti-vaxxers don't deserve herd immunity provided by people willing to vaccinate.

It's because of all you pro-consenters we may never get out of this fucking COVID mess........Thanks alot........

@powder I absolutely agree with you that is nice. Let’s see, you believe in science and that vaccines are for the most part safe and effective? Then I’ll offer you one more opinion. I think you’re a fucking coward......

“Comment: This was a no-no…”
but hey ty for playing, and heil!

@powder vaccines are a joke, which im pretty sure you have already figured out! Why not fuck these gnostic assholes, and let them drink their koolaid in peace lol

@bbyrd009 He already said in the OP he believes vaccines can be effective and valuable. I know you're one of the few on his side of the midline, but I don't think he really wants his views mixed up with bat-shit-crazy sentences like, "vaccines are a joke, which im pretty sure you have already figured out".

@bbyrd009 What are you trying to say with that picture about polio? I'm assuming because you said "vaccines are a joke" that you believe the polio vaccine didn't eradicate polio, but rather the reduction of DDT usage?

@JeffMurray yes jeff, i do not know anything for sure, and surely you are right ok
you can read the whole copy/paste here fwiw
[agnostic.com]

@JeffMurray "you believe the polio vaccine didn't eradicate polio, but rather the reduction of DDT usage?"

as to that i don't know either, but i remem reading Silent Spring and not being too surprised...plus i guess the legislation that the book engendered pretty much speaks for itself?
plenty of facts in the copy/paste to refute i guess, if you are able

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.