Agnostic.com

4 2

After occasionally responding to posts advocating the Electric Universe cult, the poster blocked me. In the post that did the trick, I wrote that the Electric Universe advocates shared a number of characteristics with Creationists, particularly the disparaging of the real science of astrophysicists.

So, here's a video debunking the Electric Universe. It is SUPERB and includes some significant sociological observations that are all too relevant to our current society.

racocn8 9 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ah! This is why I was so confused by the electric universe. I know too much physics and astrophysics! I have run across this idea a few times, but nothing that was being said made any sense (it was like mad libs that someone was presenting seriously).

But I saw a Mr. Fusion work in that movie "Back to The Future"!!!!!!!! Buwahahahaaaaaaa!

I wasn't aware of this theory but it doesn't describe what I'm saying with the Neural Network idea. It is electro-magnetic but gravity will still apply to Universal construction.

Had never heard of it before, but a quick check confirms they're another bunch of cosmic mystic pizza eaters, as I disparagingly call new age universe pseudo religionists. On this site and elsewhere it's best to ignore them or make light of them and never take them seriously -- that's the worst thing one can ever do.

I think an idea is just that. Ideas deserve to be heard because, otherwise, no further progress occurs. That doesn't mean all ideas are great but this is why a conversation occurs (to figure out which one's might be not so greats) and a national one is sometimes messy. One way or another it will resolve and all ways are evolutionary. This is literally how it happens.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616990
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.