Agnostic.com

10 27

LINK Harvard Has A New Chief Chaplain And He's An Atheist : NPR

Greg Epstein is the author of Good Without God. In his new role, he will oversee the activities of all religious communities on campus. His personal beliefs or disbelief don't seem to be an issue.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good another milestone. Too bad it has to be under such miserable times.

How very enlightening!!

It may come as a surprise to some, but there is a Secular Humanist chaplaincy program where chaplains are taught to give pastoral care based on humanist principles.

I’m a responder for the Unitarian Universalist Traum Response Ministry. Similar idea.

That's very good news.

I saw this piece re: Harvard and hope to establish a similar group on my campus

Guess, you for sure cannot blame anything on God when ever an illogical atheist takes over religion.

Word Level 8 Aug 28, 2021

Mind was blown by the headline, and blown again by this amazing nugget:

The vote by his fellow chaplains was unanimous. ❤️

Harvard must be a very enlightened college.

Good it sounds like he’ll apply more psychology than theology, as we can all see the nation has been in need of psychological help since Nixon.

This country has needed psychological help and moral guidance since 1776. I don't see either one happening.

Not an issue to us. It's gotta be an issue to THEM

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:618977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.