Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Remnants Of Ida Bring Active Tornados, Flash Flooding To Philadelphia Metro – CBS Philly Holy Shit! This is Supposed To Happen in Bumfuck Indiana Not Philly!

Philadelphia is having tornados as we speak. I've been living here my whole life and we've never had tornados. Something is changing in the weather. My brother just lost power. Actively tornado in South Philly, Germantown, Cherry Hill and Gloucester NJ. Still have power here. This is crazy. We had freeze outs it's in Texas, 1°F in Canada this year. Something's going on. *** Update alert** Multiple Homes with roofs blown off. Resident are urges to stay in basements.
barjoe 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Also a big one in Oxford, Chester County, and Willow Grove.

The dog and I spent a while in the basement, watching water rush under the basement door from the outside. We were very lucky to be in that sliver of Chester County land where no tornadoes were. 9" of rain, and the most beautiful day in a long while today.

This just in from BumFuck, Indiana: It was a beautiful day. We finally got past the heat and humidity wave.
Happy Labor Day, you bums

twill Level 7 Sep 2, 2021

Happy Labor Day to you. I'd ask you about Carson Wentz but you're from Kouts so your prolly a Bears fan.

@barjoe Packers all the way !!

It can happen anywhere. After all, you do not have to live near the coast, ocean, bay, river, creek, etc etc in order for a flood to happen.

Weather patterns are changing. I'm born and raised this area, we've always had flooding, hurricanes. We never had twisters. Tonight we had 15 confirmed funnel cloud sightings, 3 inside the city of Philadelphia.

@barjoe Hurricanes here in the Northeast don’t happen too often. And flooding mostly happens in low lying areas here. But twisters happen only once in a great while. Thing is, tornadoes form very quickly and move quick as well, and meteorologists can’t always warn us promptly, though they are able to tell if conditions are right for them to form.

@CuddyCruiser We had some big ones. Hazel, Camille, Agnes, Gloria and most recently Sandy. Ida is a remnant of a Cat 4 and a nasty one. I can't remember tornadoes in Philly twice in 6 weeks. Crazy.

@barjoe Certainly is. I spend a good amount of time boating in the Great South Bay, Moriches Bay, out on Long Island. Three times this year I spotted dolphins jumping in the Moriches Bay 2 times and once in the Great South Bay. These were the first times I saw them in inland waters in well over 40 years, not to mention all the shark sightings over the last 2 years on South Shore beaches. It is changing. Weather Patterns, due to climate shifts, changes, are moving them more northward.

@CuddyCruiser These changes take millenniums. This is happening in my lifetime. Younger people will see this happen in front of their eyes.

@barjoe I honestly believe that the earth won’t be fit for most forms of life somewhere in the next 2 or 3 decades and maybe even sooner. Some have suggested that I’m a pessimist with this point of view…….but I’m neither that nor an optimist…..I see it and tell it like the way I saw it regardless of my personal opinions or feelings. Look at all the Wildfires in CA right now, for one. Even where I am right now in Queens I’m flooded and stuck in my 8th floor apartment.

@CuddyCruiser i think I'll be lucky to get 20 more years because I'll be 64 in 2 months. I don't think it will happen that quickly. Maybe a couple hundred years barring a nuclear holocaust.

@barjoe Perhaps your right. A lot of this is happening in our lifetimes for sure. But even what we witnessed in our own lifetimes is also quite staggering.

Wow, you guys got slammed. We just had about six inches of rain. Not much wind, but a lot of flooded roads.

You guys usually get the brunt. Funnel clouds are usually in Lancaster and Berks Country. In 2020 Delaware Valley set a record 36 tornado warnings. With last month and tonight we crushed that record with 52 so far this year. Delaware and Schuylkill Rivers along with Brandywine Creek banks all crested at record heights. I can imagine the Susquehanna in Columbia River near you. So record tornados two years in a row? Why do I think that record will be shattered in the future? Something's different.

Bumfuck, Indiana… know it well. Just across the Ohio from Asswipe, Kentucky. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.