Agnostic.com

10 8

Any one in Texas, do you remember back in the 1950's when one could find fetuses in trash cans and in rivers? Any one remember the women that died trying to have abortions, or going to Mexico and having infections that made them sterile? Just asking? Are things there so bad that one can now accuse someone of having an abortion and sue them for ten grand plus legal fees. Women what does this mean to you?

dalefvictor 8 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Past presidents of the USA have declared war on other countries. Texas has declared war on the bodies of vulnerable women. What does this say about the vile little shits of the legislators in Austin?

I do it was horrible

I would cheerfully have all those bastard legislators gang raped from now until Kingdom Come!

I remember.

I hope sex ed and birth control is easily accessible and free, and that rape reports are taken seriously and dealt with strongly, even if marital rape, date rape and incest. The men need to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions too, not just women. In most cases, women aren't looking to get pregnant just to abort the pregnancy. Men need to take responsibility for their part in unwanted pregnancies.

It's sad that choices are being taken away. Whether you are for or against a woman's right to choose, nobody WANTS an abortion - and it's not always the woman's decision to have unprotected sex, nor the woman's choice to have the abortion. Women are often forced by their intimate partner to abort the pregnancy against their wishes.

Sadly it's becoming only the woman who has to deal with unwanted sexual intercourse and the consequences - and very difficult for a woman (or girl) to admit to anyone in authority who is to blame for the situation.

Try saying that to the Lunatics-in-Power in Austin. 😟

To me it means that I am glad I am no longer of childbearing age. I had an abortion in Canada at age 17 in 1979. It was paid for by universal health care and all I needed was a dr.'s referral and consent of one parent. I can't believe more than 40 years later these Neanderthals still think men should have any say over women's Healthcare. We will fight to the death on this issue.

We'll see... It may be too late for an election to change things. Maybe you can shoot a gun?

@racocn8 If necessary.

Not just Texas......

Women voted for Donald Trump in 2016 or didn't vote at all. Minorities also withheld their votes for Hillary. The so-called progressives who didn't get their precious Sanders as a candidate stayed away from the polls. A lot of this was orchestrated by Putin's social media bots, but a lot was motivated by animus, apathy, misogyny, and even self-hatred.

With abortion gone, contraception is next.

Perhaps Ivermectin works on unwanted pregnancies?

Five pounds of dry ivermectin shoved up beyond the cervix should do the trick.

I have run out of words to express my disgust at the Ratbags of Austin.

You know what, you just changed my whole tune on this. For the people that say I can't admit when I'm wrong, my whole take on this was wrong. The Right is clearly fuckin' evil and all these motherfuckers are riding the fence like there's an actual legitimate choice between the parties. They done fucked around and found out. I still feel bad for the underage girls that need an abortion but couldn't even vote, but maybe people will start to wake the fuck up when they start losing shit that matters like reproductive rights and healthcare.

@JeffMurray We need to make sure abortifacients are readily available on the internet. It would be good to pick up the bounties on Republicans that get abortions. (somehow).

Welcome to Taliban Texass.

that's AbboCuzistan..

What ARE the Men of Texas going to do About IT? It was White Men that passed this disgusting Gilead inspired,real life Hand Maids Tale bill..Stop laying the Responsibility Solely on Women. It Does take 2 to make a fetus..

Personally, I wish only women were capable of voting on this particular issue. As a man, I feel it inappropriate for my gender to determine what a woman can or cannot do with her body.

That said, millions of women have campaigned against abortion from the very outset. True, white men, by and large, occupy the seats in Austin, but a regrettably large number of women who oppose abortion helped put them there. 😔

@p-nullifidian I disagree. Personally, if I were going to place some restriction on how men could vote it would be that they can't vote to prevent a woman from getting an abortion because they don't have the ability to stop it on a personal level. But to be honest, no one should be able to vote to take anyone else's rights away just because they hold a majority. Should white people be allowed to vote to take away black people's rights?

@JeffMurray “Personally, if I were going to place some restriction on how men could vote it would be that they can't vote to prevent a woman from getting an abortion because they don't have the ability to stop it on a personal level.”
I think we agree here…on what do we disagree?

@p-nullifidian "Personally, I wish only women were capable of voting on this particular issue."

@JeffMurray they also did Restrict Voting in Texas..aimed directly at P.O.C and other minorities..

@Charlene Yes, but women make up 53% of the people that voted in Texas in 2016. They could do whatever they want. Instead, 47% of them voted for Trump and lost their reproductive rights as a direct result. Maybe some of them bitches want to live in Gilead, but the majority that don't should have seen this coming and become single issue voters. So, if all women everywhere don't see this and become single issue voters at least until the balance of the court changes, they only have themselves to blame. They make up 55% of the vote nationwide, they need to start exercising their majority for good.

@JeffMurray here's the womens breakdown on votes by race and education in 2016..so your assertion that women overwhelming voted for Trump is False. If any group of women are to Blame it's non college White Women..

@Charlene Please reread my comment and quote where I said women overwhelmingly voted for Trump.
I'm not even blaming a group of women, I'm blaming the 47% of women who voted for Trump. Those female Trump voters made up almost 25% of the total ballots cast. If 403,590 of the the near 9 million voters would have placed a little more importance on maintaining autonomy of their own bodies they wouldn't be in this mess.

@JeffMurray guess My Facts Don't fit your view..Re-Read MY response and look at the charts..

@Charlene I agree that the non-college white women were the worst of the bunch, but I can't place most of the blame on non-college white women when some of them didn't vote for Trump when I could just as easily place blame on only Trump voters regardless of other designations?

@JeffMurray ahhh fully 63% of non college White Women Voted Trump..here another Fact 53% of College educated White Men Voted for Trump..

@Charlene Not sure what that has to do with anything, but okay.

@JeffMurray 🙄🙄🙄

They would first have to care.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.