Agnostic.com

3 14

LINK Why Do We Celebrate Labor Day? It's More Than Just a Day Off.

Think of how many Union busters are enjoying this weekend more than hard working people.

barjoe 9 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm working. But I volunteered and am getting Holiday pay + time and a half

And I am basically doing no work.

Just a few things that will leak through.

I do pre-auth things for health insurance.

Americans aren't taught about the contributions of unions.
Reagan was so cavalier he just fired a shit ton of air traffic controllers as if they were immediately replaceable like migrant workers. Flying was far more dangerous after that until a new work force could be trained the remaining ATC crews were worked to exhaustion. It's a miracle it didn't get a few hundred people killed.
The right demonizes the unions, science, family planning, low income housing, women, minorities, and democracy.
It's time for workers to fight back, they paid for the rich asshole space race, it's blood sweat and tears money from thousands of underpaid workers.
Lots of that money goes toward the effort to keep the labor market under paid by propping up the political party intent on keeping us powerless.

Due to the corrupt behavior of some union leaders, unions have gotten a bad rap.

Due to the corrupt behavior of some union leaders ... anti-union forces have successfully demonized unions. Corruption exists in all human organizations, interesting that somehow unions are the only ones where this has been spun into a blanket indictment of all unions, nu?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.