Agnostic.com

7 9

Oh what fun yesterday was.
Enjoying a quiet cup of Coffee on my front veranda, relaxing in warmth of the sun when a Police Vehicle arrives across the road from my house.
2 Police Officers alight from the vehicle and head directly towards my front gate, hats and all.
I ask them " Where are your face masks, we are in Lockdown don't you know, I do NOT need to wear one since I am sitting on my OWN PRIVATE veranda minding my own business."
Their reply was, " We have here a Search Warrant to search your property for illegally installed cables running from your neighbour's Solar Panels to your house."
I responded with, "Well you can search away all you like BUT first you WILL need to don masks and use Handwash and Disinfectant BEFORE you take another step,this IS my property and by Law and the COVID Restrictions I am REQUIRED to request that you do so."
Well, surprise, surprise, out came the Handwash, the Disinfectant, I was handed my copy of the Search Warrant they began their very futile search, I even handed them a shovel so that they could dig around just in case there were any buried cables, 1 hour and 55 minutes later and NO cables, no illegal connections, even after an Electrician went up on the neighbour's roof and examined his Solar panel, NOTHING found, ZILCH, ZERO, NADA, Sweet Bugger All, just dirt as deep down as they could dig, etc, and copious apologies for disturbing my peaceful relaxations.
I guess my neighbour may well be hearing from the Police and the Magistrates Court in the very near future regard submitting a FALSE Police Report, Wasting Police Time and whatever else they can add to the list.
All this, I think came about because,
A) I do NOT have Solar Panels on my roof or anywhere for that matter, way out of the range of my budget unfortunately,
2) the neighbour most probably heard me telling a friend that my Electricity Account is approx. $1,000 in the Credit and has been for over 4 months now.
Hope he enjoys yet another little visit to the local Courthouse and ANY fines, costs and expenses they can throw his way as well.

Triphid 9 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Excellent made my day

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 18, 2021

You missed the opportunity for a new veggie garden bed to be dug.

Inadvertently let slip to evangeloon (with subsequent instructions not to repeat this to the other neighbour) that you got a tip-off that the police would search and you disconnected the cables the night before and that you now have a remote laser set-up back in action sucking on the free juice.

No I didn't they kindly dug the ground where I'd been planning to grow some ornamental grape vines on the fence line between Evangelidiot's house and mine.
He'll get a lovely surprise ( NOT LOL) when he watches and waits impatiently for them to bear fruit and NOTHING happens.

What a pleasant way to spend the day, watching a couple of cops swearing it up looking for nothing! You do have the adventures! 😂

Yes, and especially when I knew all along that there was NOTHING for them to find.

I am gonna move wherever u live , and within an arms reach . All the interesting things happen at your neighborhood , absolutely nothing the f happens where I am at !!!!! I am jealous !!!!

Sorry can't do that here, we have the 1.5 metre Social Distancing rule in play atm, since there is a COVID Delta variant outbreak running around the region.
We'd been COVID Free from the very beginning and then some Indigenous Health Worker attends an Indigenous Family Funeral, joins in at the post Funeral WAKES, not one but TWO mind you, get well and truly drunk, etc, and returns here and starts spreading around like bloody confetti.

Nothing happens in Utopia. That is what utopia is.

Certainly never a dull moment in your part of the world!!!

I wish there were, oh how I wish there were.

@Triphid I can imagine. You should be trying to enjoy your life, not have it constantly disrupted every 5 minutes.

Wait? What? Is this the SAME neighbor?????

"The Broken Minds of Broken Hill", Triphid, Random House, $16.99 - a good read.

Actually 90% of the the REAL Broken Hillites are sane and normal, it's those bloody 'blow ins' that are the problem.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623013
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.