Agnostic.com

8 10

LINK Campus Preacher Provokes Fight After Carrying “Women Belong in the Kitchen” Sign | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The preacher was also shouting at the student that she needed to get "faith, a bible and a cookbook."

snytiger6 9 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Supreme asshole

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 21, 2021

I would just love to take all these preachers and break all of them into a million little pieces.

Now, now, just remember my comment below. Depending on your outlook, as an amused cynic, they can be quite entertaining, at least some of them are to me. It depends, I guess, on how much they are taken seriously and end up shaping other people's minds, opinions, and beliefs. I honestly think that, even to some believers, these preachers function more as entertainers than real educators or leaders.

Now I admit that, this guy in the article, with the chauvinism and misogyny, is probably more of an asshole than, say, someone like Jed, so I can see why you hate him so.

@TomMcGiverin LOL…..I couldn’t do that anyway cuz then they would be dead. That’s the opposite of what I would want in reality. I’d rather just see them get cancer or heart disease or MS and have to be in pain and suffer horribly. That’s my way of just saying I think they are the worst type of lowlifes and that whatever happens to them is just fine by me.

@CuddyCruiser Understood and I generally agree with you.

This reminds me of the good old days in the late 70s, where campus preachers like Rev. Jed Smock and his wife Cindy would ride the circuit of college campuses preaching against sin and the vices of college kids. They would usually get the sort of slapstick pushback from students, like being pushed into a flower bed, hit with a pie, or having water sprayed at them. They were quite entertaining, I hear, and even ended up being wrote about in Rolling Stone, including how they ended up with people, nicknamed Jedheads, who would follow them around from campus to campus, same as the fans of the Grateful Dead would follow them on the concert circuit.

I find the idea of Jedheads to be really funny and indicative of how much they functioned more as entertainers than preachers, even tho I'm sure their intent was more about being the former. I just checked Wikopedia, and there is actually a good article on him under the name Brother Jed.

Shame Atheist don’t do stoning. This guy could have qualified for one.

That sign would go over like a lead balloon with my favorite wrestler, Dana Brooke.

Campus Preachers Belong in the Grave.

He picked the wrong day.

He needs to be fired and kicked of the campus.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.