Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Christian Apologist: Black People Weren’t Raised With an “Emphasis on Education” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

No. They were raised knowing that equal access to education would be denied to them by racists and racist apologists like this guy.

snytiger6 9 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my lifetime I have never seen equal access to education.

Exactly!

Nor are Christians, of any colour.

This is a Shame on White People thing!

That's a disgusting allegation considering how Christians eschew science (because of evolution). I had a religious friend in high school who got me to read Josh McDowell's Evidence that Demands a Verdict. Shabby, trashy apologetics. Christianity is so much about hate, it's never surprising to see a notable Christian be caught in the act. I liked this twitter comment: "Your talk denied systemic racism. Do you understand that you communicated a racial stereotype and your white privilege at the same time?" (from Warren I got the Shortmorton)

If it is true, southern white culture is to blame. During slavery it was a crime punishable by death for a Black person to become e educated. After hundreds of years of that, it was only to be expected that most slaves did not value education. Then after the Civil War, Black schools were deliberately far inferior to white schools, by design of white. Add to that, because economic conditions were so poor for Blacks that Black children had to go to work early to supplement the income of the families.

Then, in the times of white-imposed Black Codes, opportunities to pursue lucrative professions were not available to Blacks, both by law and by imposed culture. Blacks were actively discouraged from from educating themselves to try to enter professions that were not available to the.

under such conditions, any ethnic group, including whites would have culture that did not value education.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623535
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.