Agnostic.com

9 19

LINK “Pastor” Who Defrauded People Out of $33 Million Sentenced to 14 Years in Jail | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

After getting out of prison for securities fraud, he thought an easy way to make money would be to con the religious. So he starrted a fake church and conned a mostly Vietnamese population in Orange country California, telling them he would invest money for them, and guaranteed a 12% return. He sent out phony statments and also failed to report his income to the IRS.

snytiger6 9 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Such is life....
Where can we find true man of God?

Scum will be scum.

Will the money ever get paid back? IDK. Did OJ ever pay when he lost his civil suit?

Didn't say if he had to pay back any.....live in a 6×12 for something over 2million a year...I could do that......

"Ordered to pay 22 Million Dollars in restitution" means he has been ORDERED by the Court to payback a large percentage of the money he stole.

@Triphid damn, only 11 million left

@HankSherman NOT AFTER the Government AND the I.R.S. take their shares.

@Triphid hopefully

And now his road paved with the gold of others is once again about to turn in to a concrete exercise yard, a 12' x 6' prison cell, his expensive attire now becomes an Orange Jump-suit ( with a large ACCESS flap at the rear just for his up and coming suitors I hope ), what a darned pity he's only getting to serve 14 years, should gotten 1 year for EVERY thousand dollars he stole imo.

With millions to spend on protection, he should'nt have any problems

@HankSherman Do you REALLY think that will deter the horny prisoners from adopting him as their plaything?

@Triphid yeah

@HankSherman The LIFERS have nowhere to spend any protection money he offers them, all they want is to relieve (LOL) their frustrations.

@Triphid you've watched too many movies, lifers don't generally end up in the same place as "white collar"criminals, and if they do, are notoriously "non" trouble makers...also money in prison generally makes the holder un-touchable among the inmates, and the guards....generally a pice of ass isn't that hard to get.

@HankSherman Yeah sure, whatever you say, after all I see you ARE from TexArse, and Texarseans KNOW everything don't they?

@Triphid ya got me

@HankSherman Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather refuse to accept, I like to keep my country as free as possible from TRASH.

@Triphid awwww...I can tell...done pissed ya off....just don't see this going anywhere....

@HankSherman Nah, you'd have to get up much. much earlier in any DAY to manage to do that, Far, Far better than you could ever hope to be have tried and failed miserably, so 1 cow-shit sucking Texarse resident ain't going to piss me off in the least.
But, hey, feel free to keep on trying I enjoy a bloody good laugh every time dip-shits like you try to take me on.

@Triphid I know you are the type that will try to hide your pain. When you're reduced to childish name calling, thats pain comming out...you might want to let it go ..its the smart thing to do..love and kisses to both sides of my ass.

@HankSherman Well blow me down, we have a Psychiatrist in our midst do we now.
Line People he is giving free diagnoses here and now so, roll up, roll up and get it before it vanishes back in to nowhere.

@Triphid appreciste the recognition, but really you should see someone about that...at your age it will only get worse....

@HankSherman Ah, c'est bon, c'est bon bienvenue mon ami Pas tout la, bienvenue.

Anyone who expects a 12% return on an investment when the bank rate is less than 1% deserves to be conned.

Greed, Specially ameriKKKan greed is a Bad Thing.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Happens here as well. I have a friend who was left a large sum when his father died. He invested the lot in bonds which paid 8% for about a year then the company folded and he lost the lot. He has spent the last two years trying to get some redress and have the crooks who ran the show charged without success.
If it looks too good to be true it usually is.

Dear gawd, even after getting out of prison this idiot didn’t learn any lesson about his behavior! Maybe another 14 years will help!!

Too bad that was it, should have been life with no parole.

He needs life in prison.

Amen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625074
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.