Agnostic.com

19 35

New stretchy dress I made.

I cut and sewed the dress to follow the lines of my body. Yesterday finished the hem. Let the dress hang overnight to develop its drape.

Have been fighting my hair waves for decades. Today let it air dry. Let natural waves go free.

What do you think?

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love the way you look at it. The color you've chosen, the pattern you've followed. Myself, I cannot sew, a thing that disappoints me. I am such a fashion rat, and I hope I can learn in the future how to make my clothes, not just to buy them online, like on h&m or [luxkidz.dk]. There are plenty of people out there who would rather spend less time buying something in stores than people like you, which makes me feel bad. We all must recycle things, and sewing is a perfect opportunity to give your old clothes a new life. You are a brave woman, and I wish to see more people like you. I wish you good luck in your beginnings!

I want to say that you have a stunning figure and look very cute and feminine in your new dress. Even though I'm more of a kawaii clothing fan with flared skirts and oversize, your dress I'd like to try on too! I like that beautiful color combination of blue and coffee on the ornament. You must have a talent for sewing clothes. Consider a career as a fashion designer. Did you come up with the dress design yourself or find it online? I'm interested in whether you came up with it yourself or not. Maybe I can try to make it too.

Qeser Level 2 Dec 10, 2021

@Qeser

Thank you, dear! My best friend's mother taught us to sew. The summer before 7th grade.

I used a pattern and tailored it to fit me smoothly without clinging. It follow the lines of my body. Dropped the underarm seam. Nobody likes tight armholes.

When I buy clothes I have to take them in. Sewed most of my clothes in high school. As graduating seniors, my classmates voted for awards like "most likely to succeed." I got: best dressed, best manners and most poised.

Here are other clothes I made. The burgundy dress was for my daughter's wedding. My hair was in a French twist. With heavy thick hair, it slumped out after two hours. Haha!

How I understand you! Since I was a little girl I had long, thick hair, which I wasnt allowed to cut, my mother thought it was very beautiful. But how I suffered with them... Now as an adult I made a bob at last. What a buzz to feel the lightness and not to suffer from headaches! Btw, the dress came out very elegant. Where did you learn to sew? Id also like to master this skill. It often happens that I want to redo what I bought, that's why I`m often on the lookout for quality stores. One of the stores that totally match my preferences is Abayas. Love it for the quality and designs!

@RumarLos

Thank you, dear! My best friend's mother taught us to sew. The summer before 7th grade.

My grandmother also coached me in sewing. A family friend gave me the book "The Bishop Method of Sewing Construction."

From that book, I learned directional sewing. It makes clothes drape beautifully.

Sewing seams, start at the shoulder or underarm and sew down toward the hem. With a neckline, start at the mid-point and sew toward the shoulder seam. That way, clothes don't twist.

Let newly-sewed clothes hang overnight before sewing the hem, including pants. Hanging, the garment develops its drape.

Hmmm

You are very talented....and you look terrific in your new dress

@nicknotes

Thank you!

Very natural look for you, very attractive but classy and understated. 🙂

@zeuser

Thank you so much!

Looks great. If you ever need a test dummy for designing men's clothes let me know.

Unity Level 7 Oct 10, 2021

Oh, I think you can get away with something stretchier than that 🙂

@BitFlipper

I hate tight clothes. So I made the dress follow the lines of my body.

Well, that came out very nice.

Stunning! 🙂

@anglophone

Thank you.

You wear it well!

@davknight

Thank you. I cut and sewed it to follow the lines of my body.

Oh my......

Sexy 😀

🔥🔥........

I usually don't express opinions (Your Mileage May Vary, see below, ha, ha) -- I too often end up disagreeing with the object -- but I prefer your hair this way. It seems softer and makes you look more approachable.

Very nice dress too. With your experience, that's an easy outcome.🙂

@RichCC

Thank you. My thick hair is the biggest part of my body. 🙂

Your dress looks great, and I'm all for the natural look. I have thin, fine, naturally curly hair. In recent years I mostly keep it short. I wash my hair, comb it out, shake my head and go. If I want to fuss with it I can, but most of the time I let it do what it wants to do. I prefer to be low maintenance, YMMV.

@HippieChick58

Thank you, dear! What does YMMV stand for?

@LiterateHiker Your Mileage May Vary 🙂

@Paul4747

Thanks. I guess she meant people's experiences vary.

@LiterateHiker Exactly. It's sometimes another way of saying "Depending on your preferences." DOYP doesn't have the same ring to it, though, don't you think?

@LiterateHiker Yes, each of us is allowed and entitled live our lives as we see fit. Posssibly because I prefer low maintenance I am intrigued by those who have a more intricate coiffeur, and quite jealous of those who have thick hair 🙂 I got my dad's curls, my sister got his thickness of hair. In the end all type make the world interesting.

@HippieChick58

We all want what we don't have. My heavy, thick hair grows forward. Since a child, I have worn bangs and barrettes like a five-year-old. I long for the swept-back look.

Look down and my heavy hair swings forward into my face, blocking my view. Walking downstairs, I use one hand to hold my stupid hair back. If I'm carrying something, forget using the hand rail.

Instead of a bracelet, I kept a stretched-out, covered-elastic hair band on my wrist. To pull my ridiculous hair back.

My daughter struggles with thick hair, too. Claire wears a ponytail.

Very pretty, as always!

@Paul4747

Thank you.

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 10, 2021

Beautiful dress and hair.

@xenoview

Thank you, dear!

I want to say that you have a stunning figure and look very cute and feminine in your new dress. Even though I'm more of a kawaii clothing fan with flared skirts and oversize, your dress I'd like to try on too! I like that beautiful color combination of blue and coffee on the ornament. You must have a talent for sewing clothes. Consider a career as a fashion designer. Did you come up with the dress design yourself or find it online? I'm interested in whether you came up with it yourself or not. Maybe I can try to make it too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:627439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.