Agnostic.com

11 11

LINK Whiny Conservative Mom Demands Resignation of Principal Who Loves “Iron Maiden” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The claim is that she should be fired for showing off her satanic alliances (being a fan of Iron Maiden)

snytiger6 9 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WAH! Scary music baaaaaddddd, nasty principle scary, make kiddiewinkies go wooowooo, me no like, WAH!
Me ask beardy god man in scary to take away nasty scary lady!

Maybe she would prefer a principal who likes Ted Nugent, gun toting, underage sex fiend.

Debbi Lynn is a disgrace to the human species. She needs to be put in secure accommodation for the rest of her meaningless and irrelevant life.

I guess Black Sabbath would be out of the question.

I really got back into Maiden around a decade ago after seeing their concert film Flight 666. It had high production value and brought out the musicality of the band I didn’t appreciate back in the 80s. That a school principal loves them floors me. Back when I was in high school principals weren’t typically headbangers.

Here’s a fave from that tour (have the DVD):

They had the “The Number of Beast” song of course:
[en.m.wikipedia.org]:

“According to the song's writer, bassist and band-founder Steve Harris, it was inspired by a nightmare he had after watching the film Damien: Omen II,[1] in addition to the poem Tam o' Shanter by Robert Burns.[2]… In addition to the album's artwork and title, the song was a prominent target of religious groups in the United States who accused Iron Maiden of being a Satanic group.[5][24] The controversy led to organised burnings of the group's albums as well as several protests during their 1982 tour,[2][24] although this would only serve to give the band more publicity.[5][25] Harris has since commented that the accusations made against them were "mad. They completely got the wrong end of the stick. They obviously hadn't read the lyrics. They just wanted to believe all that rubbish about us being Satanists."[26]”

It’s not even close to my favorite Maiden song. Perhaps the decontextualized “666” allegedly used by the principal was ill advised, as it is still bound to trigger clueless fundies. But it is the eschatological obsession of some Christians with the Book of Revelation fever dream that is wrong here. They’ve saturated popular culture with it. They don’t understand perhaps how Daniel was contextualized to Babylon and its descendant Revelation to Rome. If I recall correctly Nero was the antichrist then. The book is not meant for us now.

And Iron Maiden was so much more. Coleridge appreciation in “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner”, “Run to the Hills” a comment on American colonization, “The Trooper” about the Charge of the Light Brigade, “2 Minutes to Midnight” takes a swipe at war waging mentality, and “Aces High” recounts the Battle of Britain with Churchill’s Speech a haunting intro. One would have to be batty to think Maiden was all about the antichrist and Satan.

The principal should be commended for her taste in music.

Bruce Dickinson seems to be a mixed bag. He was for Brexit but then balked at the consequences:
[newsweek.com]

But he has recommended COVID vaccination for an interesting reason:
[nme.com]

I guess he gets a mulligan on Brexit?

I did not pay much attention to these guys until I saw this movie, it was great and now when I see them on the Telle I always watch.

Hey, whiny bitch. What music people listen to is none of your business. Neither is their sex lives. As penance go play some records or CD's backwards.

Some folks really need to get a life, instead of religion being their whole life, as a hobbyist.

Just hearing about whiny bitches bs makes me want to go out and buy a cd of Iron Maidens.

I am sure many of the students at the school are doing that, because now they are curious about an old band they probably never heard of before.

666, the number of the beast according to the deluded and the deranged Chrustians.
However its mention in the buybull actually refers it to meaning the Roman Emperor, Nero, who has been FALSELY accused of Persecuting Chrustians AFTER the Great Fire that almost destroyed the city of Rome.
Plus, numerous re-writes of the buybull dispute the so-called "number of the beast" as being either 666 or 999 and the original transcript post the Council of Nicaea has NO such mention in it what-so-ever though it does mention that " throughout Judea there were 666 members in total of the Hebrew Sanheddren, includiing the 99 who were permanently seated at the Temple in Jerusalem.

lol…the whole situation is comic. From the photos, to the parent, to the expectation that teachers are not normal human beings with a variety of tastes and interests. Has the parent seen what is on the television her children are watching and the games they are digitally playing? LOL, Christian Mom Gone Wild…wooooo!

This is just amusing. A principal showing off “Satanic Principles”?

The only song this band made that referenced Satan was “The number of the beast” which had the biblical script displayed at the end of “The Omen” as the songs intro. Funny how it’s always the music that causes “suicide” when it’s the parents who are screwed up in the first place in search of a scapegoat.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:627621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.