Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Passengers are bringing a record number of guns to the airport, TSA says - CNNPolitics

(CNN)Airline passengers are bringing guns to the airport in numbers never seen before, and it is a "huge problem," the Transportation Security Administration chief told CNN.

Security and law enforcement officials are at the same time dealing with an unprecedented surge in belligerent passengers who are straining the systems designed to keep air travel safe.

snytiger6 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Does your occupation allow you to carry a gun? If not, then guns do not belong at the airport.

An epidemic of stupid is raging out of control in America,

I love the way that you put it.

Trump and his band of morons are to blame. I don't think everyone wants to return to the wild west way of doing things.

You know, IDK about that. It's been very romanticized by popular culture since Wyatt went to Hollywood. The NRA has been rather successful in defeating gun laws born from those days for a larger-than-normal population. Because of a gun they now have a certain power that will play itself out according to their individual wits. That's very old Western. The OK Corral (largely cleaned up and sanitized for entertainment--Wyatt did go to Hollywood, after all) was a dying gasp of that culture. Hollywood seems to have revived it in a sufficient enough population who see themselves as The Man With No Name.

@rainmanjr I too think Trump is responsible for the recent surge of guns at the airports. It is true that America has a gun culture, but Trump's rhetoric has caused the far right to believe they are mainstream America and to come out openly armed.

@snytiger6 I would dare say that it's proven by the fact that it hasn't been happening until now. Biden didn't create the gun conditions but he has inspired the gun-heads to threaten everyone with their fake authority. They really believe that few will challenge them on it so they feel privileged and emboldened. Like dad yelling at us kids to obey his alcoholick ass.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628213
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.