Agnostic.com

10 11

LINK Hate-Preacher: Halloween’s Origins Involve Virgin Girls Being “Raped by Demons” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

His twisted mind made up his own version of the origins of Halloween. There are vast sources he could have consulted that show the actual origins of the holiday, but he just made crap up instead.

snytiger6 9 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am ever so surprised that people would fall for this bullshit.

It always amuses when the "Women are Chattel" crowd plays the "Must Protect Women" card to try to make their points.

Deb57 Level 8 Oct 16, 2021

The actual Origins of the celebration of Halloween comes from celebrating everything that has been or was dear to those still living, i.e. Hallowed = Cherished, beloved, held dear, een ( actually written as e'en) meaning EVENING, ergo HALLOWEEN means the EVENING when you celebrate the memories of those whom you loved, etc, and hold dear to you.
No sacrificial Maidens, No burnt Offerings, No raping by Demon, etc, etc, just a bit of celebration and that is all, kind of the Chrustians celebrating the ASSUMED execution of the imaginary Role-Model I suppose only with parties instead of tedious Prayers, Hymns, Psalms and the like.

Greg Locke is a menace. He needs to be contained and controlled in a loony bin.

Sent to live on Bikini Atoll would be even better.

Really?
The fool should know All Hallow's Eve, is a Christian festival, that co-opted the 31st of October.
He is possibly confusing Hallowe'en with Samhain if he s drastically misinformed, but the idea of raping virgins seems fairly particular to Christian who are and have always been obsessed with both.

What a sick Fuckwad

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 15, 2021

These people are perverted. They fantasize about rape, murder and torture all the time.

That's the religious in a nutshell. I'm glad we believe in the true & rational thought.

Well, there's an active imagination for ya.
I'm going to go with this asshole being a huge closet pervert.

I wonder if he has raped any virgins himself.

@xenoview Probably. 🤬

@xenoview Odds on bets it was young children and not just girls either imo.

Me too. I think he would like to be the demon raping virgin girls.

How is it that these hateful people use such BS to pull at the heartstrings of their flocks yet there is so much misogyny in their sermons and actions? An example is being pro-birth yet not wanting mother and child to be able to have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. I find it loathsome.

MizJ Level 8 Oct 15, 2021

Their unwritten rule is " Do NOT do as we do, Do as WE tell you."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.