Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK Marjorie Taylor Greene Slams ‘Fascist’ NBA With Idiotic COVID-HIV Comparison

Far-right conspiracy theorist Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) stooped to a new low on Thursday, questioning why the “fascist NBA won’t let Kyrie Irving play for refusing a vaccine. But yet they still let Magic Johnson play with HIV.” The tweet entirely ignores the fact that COVID-19 is airborne and spread through respiratory droplets, while HIV is passed through direct contact with certain bodily fluids, including blood and semen. While the comparison in and of itself is absurd—and very incorrect—Greene has also conveniently forgotten that Magic Johnson retired from the NBA in 1991 after contracting the virus, only briefly coming back for 32 games in 1995 and 1996.

snytiger6 9 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The next time she and her ilk use the word "fascist", someone please get out a pot & a kettle.

I assume that is an unintended false equivalence.

@racocn8 No, she truly is a fascist.

"A political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."

She (and the rest of the trumpites) scores in the "centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader" category, "forcible suppression of opposition", and certainy exalts (her idea of) America (as well as Whiteness) over individual rights- in any case over the rights of people who oppose Trump.

I meant that by saying that "That's the pot calling the kettle black" , that infers that Greene is correct in her claim that the NBA is fascist. She is the fascist, and that is understood. Nit picking, I know. sorry.

@racocn8 I thought it implied an unjust accusation as well, that's how I take it.

How about a beam to pluck out of her eye?

The main reason Irving can’t play is most of the arenas including their home arena have proof of vaccination rules for entering.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628565
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.