Agnostic.com

6 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More than likely, it was Thomas Jefferson’s brother that had knocked up the slaves. Thomas Jefferson was old and had many ailments that prevented him from sleeping around so much

Sally Hemmings was 14 and was a slave of his, meaning he owned her. No one can understand what her situation had to have been. She was a child and an ignorant slave. This was a clear case of rape, but, of course, this was normal male behavior at those times. He brought her to France where she was free and talked her into returning with him him back into slavery. Imagine what he said to her? James Madison had a child with one one of his slaves. George Washington bought and sold slaves and also paid people to hunt down and bring back slaves that escaped. Imagine the nerve of those slaves to run away from slavery?

@Healthydoc70 no. The only thing that DNA proves that they are descendants of the Jefferson bloodline. Thomas Jefferson was 64 around the time that this happened. He had stomach issues, migraines, arthritis, etc. Randolph Jefferson was seen multiple times hanging out with the slaves and in and out of Sally’s quarters. Also, America was not the only place in the world that had slavery. The evidence is not conclusive to say that it was Thomas Jefferson’s child. Rumor that was started by James Callender of Scotland to smear Jefferson.

CELEBRATE BECAUSE the Slave had no choice but to accept being RAPED by her Master or else get whipped almost to death or to death which ever was her Master's whim at the time, yeah right, and while we are at it let's CELEBRATE and raise many glasses to the SLAUGHTER of Innocent Men, Women and Children in the Nazi Death Camps. the Reprisals of the Occupying Nazi Forces that saw citizens slaughtered, etc, etc, after all shouldn't we be celebrating EVERY NEEDLESS death that there has ever been, NOT in my opinion we shouldn't.

Over the line. That's why SJW is pejorative, and I hate Shermer.

Idiots, have no method of processing reality!

Can they name me a current nation that didn’t have that happening back in that time frame? He’ll, there are nations were that happens today. Probably while you’re reading this.

Why not put their efforts into helping current slaves rather than crying about what happened in the 17 and 1800’s???

Never mind. That would take actual effort. I wasn’t looking at the big picture from their stand point. My bad.

🙄🤦♀️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628693
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.