Agnostic.com

6 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve heard this before. It’s horrific. But if they believe the Bible, they have to believe hat too. Among so many other heinous things.

Whenever the moral issue comes up in discussion with Christians claiming to have moral superiority, I always use slavery because it is one of the easiest to argue. Nowhere does the Bible condemn slavery and it does encourage it. Before the Civil War the South used the Bible effectively to argue for slavery.

gearl Level 8 Dec 2, 2017

I am not surprised. The Southern Baptist Convention began as a breakaway sect from the larger Baptist Church in 1860 -- specifically to openly endorse both slavery and the Confederacy. IN other words it chose to debase its own theology to comingle politics and religion in support of slavery. It supported racism and segregation through the early 1960s. Even today, it allows congregations that are predominately racist (not all are) to select their chosen racist pastors. The Southern Baptist Convention exercises virtually no control over immoral ideologies among its pastors. In other words, it allows and condones racism.

Well, it was to the slaveowners.

Just last week in a debate with a theist on FB, he defended slavery. I hit the ceiling...

Just spreadin' the luvv of Jezuss!, isn't he. 😟 It says a lot about his faith paradigm, none of it good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6289
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.