Agnostic.com

9 6

When I die, I want to be composted.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My wife had a woodland burial. No headstone, no preservatives and no metal fixtures on her coffin. Our daughter and myself chose a wicker casket for her.

@Gwendolyn2018 we had a really nice humanist ceremony for her, great music. No god bothering, which upset my brother in law and his ugly wife. Odd since they are atheists as well.
Now everyone on her side of the family is doing it!

Let me use this post as a place to ask a question: Would you want to live for a thousand years? I am curious how this might change the future. For instance, if I thought I was going to be around for a longer time I would go back to college and study topics I have an interest in. Would be nice to be able to change what one is going to do once one learns a skill and wants to do something else. Of course, one would be healthy as it would be just a pain to be in pain.

Looks like you will need move to the Pacific Northwest to get composted. I subscribe to Ask a Mortician YouTube channel. She has a lot of funny and interesting videos. I would chose composting or burial at sea.

I already have my biodegradable tree growing urn with a maple seed ready to be planted in the earth at the top. My son has instructions to plant me in his backyard so that when the tree grows he will have the leaves in the fall, and the propellers all over his yard every rear to remind him of me! 😂

[thelivingurn.com]

Die in the forest, where the wildlife can eat me.

@Gwendolyn2018 Tell him, no more cookies, then. lol

@Gwendolyn2018 only in the winter, when hypothermia would set in before starvation!

@Barnie2years Seriously hypothermia is probably one of the best ways to go, certainly a lot better than the so called high quality deaths offered by the medical services, which having sat in several death rooms, I know to be a joke.

@Fernapple I always thought carbon Monoxide poisoning sounded like a fairly painless way to fade out as well.

I want cheap and green. Take my dead corpse and put it in Young's Bay out far from the road and let the fish, birds, and other creatures eat me. Then perhaps a bird will eat me and fly to Washington DC and shit on a politician.

I thought. That's very like mine, then I read your last line, and I thought. No that's even better than mine, by a long way. Lol

@Gwendolyn2018 Yes, I know. My other option is also illegal. Have someone talk me out into the ocean and drop me in the water and make me sink. Feed the crabs.

@Gwendolyn2018 Yes, I know. Events transpire here, people fall off boats, jump off bridges and just disappear. As a project, someone, I do not remember who, put a trackable body-like object into the Columbia River over in Warrenton. The Object went further up the river past Astoria, then back out into the Pacific Ocean, then back into the River, and back out into the ocean where it caught the current in the Pacific Ocean and ended up on the shore of Washington Penninsula, some distance from the River.
Now when someone disappears people start to look along the shore of the river and up the peninsula. I used to wonder why more people did not disappear, I figure it is because they eventually show up. I am not happy with the writing here and want you to know I know. I am not one of your students but I would lie your reading of my writing is not a chore.

My daughter who is a lawyer has my will and she's been charged with doing this.

A deceased multiple universe theorist, ordered that his body be cremated and his ashes “thrown out with the trash”

My source, the DK Science ( Big Ideas ) ebook, didn’t say whether his instructions were followed.

I want to go cheap and green. And as I won't really be there, I don't care how I go, and I've told my girls this a few times. I want them to do what gives them comfort, and is preferably cheap and green. I raised them right, I know they will honor my wishes and do what feels right to them.

$5500 per person versus $800 for cremation made up my mind.

@Lorajay I live near San Francisco and tell friends that if they don’t see me around, I may have started swimming to Hawaii. It’s partly a sentimental thing; while in the Navy I went to Japan and the Philippines and belong in the ocean with lots of other Navy men.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.