Agnostic.com

6 11

LINK Police Officer Says He Falsely Charged Eric Garner After His Death

Justin D’Amico, one of the officers who is shown wrestling Garner to the ground in viral footage of the arrest, later filed a felony charge of avoiding taxes that should only apply to individuals with more than 10,000 cigarettes, 22,000 cigars or upwards of 400 pounds of tobacco, according to the New York Post.

snytiger6 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That PoS (piece of shit) deserves 10 years in solitary confinement.

No, General Population where they'd give him a very warm welcome.

@Triphid It has been years since I last saw a burning at the stake.

@anglophone Sadly that IS not the warm welcome that he could expect from the General Population of any prison.

How ‘bout the Chinese water torture? That’ll drive him crazy!!

The thin blue line has become a noose around too many fellow individuals in this country!!!

Love the toy soldiers!

That cop was a racist pig. He needs to go to prison for life.

More laws need to be enacted on a state / Federal or local level that gives Bad cops bigger penalties for breaking laws than your regular citizen. They have been trained, sworn and entrusted to enforce the law and keep order, with powers to either help you or harm you, and must be held accountable and to set an example as well as a deterrent.

So true

So they killed a man for having 5 packs of cigarettes.

This is no different than the murder of George Floyd.

Arresting someone, who was unarmed, on charges that were never proven in a court of law.

Cops have GOT to stop acting as judges, juries, and executioners.
That has never been their purview.

"That has never been their purview." However it has been there actions since the beginning.

@jlynn37 I know that's true. Coming from a military and law enforcement family, I've seen and been privy to, a lot of the lesser traits of both.
I also understand a lot of the hows and whys of the mechanics and justifications for what some do.
There is an awful lot that can and should be done to correct the abuses of power that take place, on the streets, in the administration, and in the courts.
It's a monumental clusterfuck. There are definitely no easy answers.
However, good places to start have to be in recruitment and training.
Further, the inherent racism has to be acknowledged and dealt with. It's there, no question. No amount of denial changes that fact.

Trying to protect his oen ass.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.