Agnostic.com

28 6

What do you embrace most about being an Atheist?

I like the fact that I can take responsibility for my own actions, not God or Satan. I also like the fact that I can embrace reality and have a true understanding that when things happen, it's not because the Universe is out to get anybody, but it is just one of those things that happens. Last but not least, I also like the fact I am free from any religious dogma and embracing my sanity. I protect my mind like it is sacred.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Freedom from irrational fear and from dogma.

Thinking. And not wondering what horrible sin I committed when something goes wrong.

I think that when you accept something on faith in one area of your life you're more likely to accept things on faith in other areas, too, so I feel like my reasoning is more consistent and more reliable overall. I guess that's what I embrace or value most.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.