Agnostic.com

9 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good. Fuck giving up your personal freedoms for a virus that kills less than 1% of people. Texas has become one of the best states in the union. Why else so many Californians move there?

I agree. As we've seen, only the unvaccinated die anyway, and if they don't die, chances are they'll suffer the lingering effects of the virus, which remain in their bodies and causes all kinds of complications.
No, we should allow these fools to contract future viruses, so as to guarantee maximum reduction in their numbers.
Also, Texas should enact another law prohibiting these "freedom fighters" from clogging up hospitals, especially ICUs, which were needed, and will in be needed in the future, by people who didn't bring down upon themselves their serious medical conditions.

@Storm1752 mine is for different reasons. Besides, even the experts are saying that lockdowns have largely been ineffective and it would be better for the virus to exhaust its host reservoirs. There have people that have died from the virus being fully vaccinated. It is largely useless since new variants crop up.

We are seeing Darwinism doing its thing. It is a slow process, but faster than normal. The lemmings factor does speed things up a bit.

"Get along little Texarse Doggies, get along to Church, catch the Covid and feel much worse, we'll bury ya on boot hill, with narry a tear shed, then we'll take your all money then your missus to bed."

They still have the choice to not attend. The only people they are threatening is others who make the same choice.

I realize most of you are on the Left politically, and think Big Brother government should protect us from ourselves and our own stupidity. But, my Libertarian self thinks you still have the right to be stupid in this country, even if it kills you.

Nobody is forcing you to go into those places. Nobody is forcing you to associate with them, either. With what I read on here, most of you do your best not to associate with the faithful anyway.

But that's the whole point: they aren't just threatening others who choose to ignore safety measures. They threaten the rest of society with immediate contagion, and they propagate more dangerous variants which keep the pandemic in play.

While I agree with you under normal circumstances, I think the rules should change during pandemics, which is why I voted that we be allowed to restrict access to a non-necessary place like church during periods of contagion.

Right. I'm cool with this because it's likely they will die. Doesn't affect me except for how TX votes in a national election. If enough twits die maybe it turns blue? I hope so.

@Lauren It's non-necessary to folks like us but not them. If a free society we can't choose their priorities for them. As for the greater population, most of us survived this one and we will the next so it's a price we have to pay. I don't imagine those who survive their Church disease will be obstinate much after that.

@rainmanjr A society by its very nature is group endeavor, and we don't allow people to do things which threaten the lives of others. A contagious illness certainly threatens others, and to a degree that's not negligible, even if a majority survives. So, yes, we can choose priorities for them.

It's not like they can't practice their religion, they just can't practice it in close proximity during plague conditions. I know people who "attended" church throughout through internet services, or by attending parking lot services.

I think YOUR stupidity is coming through loud and clear, but who's going to protect us from you?
Libertarianism is a ridiculous dodge for people who don't want to deal with reality.

@Lauren I’m saying they lose political power because it’s them that die. Both sides lose lives in war and that’s where we are. Democrats win coming out of this one.

I hope the next one is even more virulent. The more of them croak, the better life will be.

While I'm not their biggest fan, wishing death upon them is a little over the top, don't you think?

@echosam that’s how evolution works. They are not willing to sacrifice showing how dedicated they are to their god a few days to stop the spread of disease in their community. The quicker they go, the better chance of other people not being exposed to them.

@echosam See, this is an example of where liberals go too far. They are wishing death on us so NO. I don't think allowing their suicide is over the top.

@rainmanjr LIBERALS go too far,? And dorkhead "conservatives" are shining beacons of restraint, while they destroy our democracy. Just stop your hypocrisy.

@Storm1752 I didn’t say that and one doesn’t imply the other isn’t so.

But I bet that they close them at night so the homeless won't have anywhere to sleep.

Since Texas continues to defy the Constitution, they can just go back to being their own republic.
No more federal funds for them.
And, when they ask for "foreign aid", we can tell them to fuck right off.

I edited that "if" to "since".

I voted NO. I don't understand why anything religion even appears on a ballot.

Foolish. Just imagine a bio leak of something like smallpox - no young people are vaxxed, and the old ones are most likely in need of boosters.

Stupid is as stupid does. You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make him/her think.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:632066
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.