Agnostic.com

24 12

He strives to lead a Godly lifestyle. What would you say to him?

Darn it, he is a fit hiker who has a house in the mountains near me. On Fitness Singles, his profile starts with:

Christian widowed man, who strives to lead a Godly lifestyle.

"It would be wonderful to find a lady of similar interests and beliefs, a Christian, who enjoys having fun, and who has a true spirit of adventure. It is important for me that she recognizes, accepts God, has a relationship with him."

"Because of your intolerance, I'm out," I'm tempted to say. "I thought Christians were supposed to be kind and accepting of others."

An atheist, I never believed in an invisible being that resides somewhere beyond the clouds.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nothing. I wouldn't respond to someone on a dating sight with whom I knew I would have an immediate argument. Seems like a no brainer, to me.

A Godly life? So he enjoys killing people and watching people suffer and die? He's a big fan of incest and misogyny and is perfectly okay with slavery and genocide.

Well said!

"How can someone have a relationship with a non-corporeal being? And a fictional one, at that?"

I think this is yer man, LitHi. Better not let him get away! 🤣

skado Level 9 Nov 17, 2021

"Godly life". Does that mean he drowns people who disappoint him? Maybe he looks the other way when children are raped, or just shrugs his shoulders when todlers get cancer. Pfft.

If it takes that much effort to not be an asshole, he’s an asshole....😁

Unsubscribe.

😘

As a liberal and atheist, I'd meet him, but I'd be watching carefully. Some "godly" people are highly judgmental of those who don't share their delusions. OTOH some of them are pretty normal. He doesn't sound like the pretty normal type, not wanting to live a "godly" life. He may want you to be the woman in the bible; husband is the head of the household, and you defer to him. I just see a whole bunch of red flags allllll over.

@HippieChick58

What does OTOH stand for?

@LiterateHiker On The Other Hand

Just tell him what you think, don't hold any punches. Go for it.

Likely not this bad but I've run across a few (SFB) theists who display this perspective.

There's always a catch! He's 2 for 3, but the 3rd thing is a deal breaker. I couldn't share his delusion, nor have respect for him, considering that godliness is so crucial to him and his relationships. That's too bad, really, because he checks the other boxes. I would say to him that people can still be good and deeply moral, without believing in a God. Are you going to meet him?

@Organist1

Fuk-a-doodle-do! I refuse to meet him.

If he seems like a decent guy, perhaps meet him and probe his beliefs in more detail. Frankly, you are a godly woman, without the god-daddy woo-woo. He might be accepting of that. If he isn't intolerant, bigoted, homophobic or similar, hey maybe it might work out.

Good luck.

Believes in fairies, wants to meet someone else who believes in fairies.

NEXT!!

As a one time believer I would say avoid this man. Whatever his denomination is will be the determining factor of the "godly lifestyle" he is trying to live. He could be deeply religious or just one of the many who continue to lie to themselves. His match could be a woman who uses similar words to his in a profile.

No one’s perfect and as we age we accrue baggage. For me there’s some thing’s that are simply un-negotionable. Why even bother?

A Godly lifestyle? RUN!

His god killed millions. His god also has catastrophic anger management problems.

Feels like you are searching for a bass in a trout pool….

Don't waste the effort. Watching your toenails grow is a better use of your time.

Let him be. He told you what he wants

twill Level 7 Nov 17, 2021

keep at it. heather anderson?

Good luck with that

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 17, 2021

Seems to me he has a hurdle you just can't clear...and by the same token...vica versa. If you contact him you are opening Pandora's Box.

Not that I’m judging!?! ☺️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.