Agnostic.com

4 10

LINK 10 things this nurse is f-ing tired of saying

Musings of a primary care triage nurse:

1. “Isolation means you aren’t around others. No, you shouldn’t be eating dinner with your family or watching TV with them.”

2. “You’ve been sick for the past week but didn’t get tested. Yes, COVID can just be symptoms like a cold or that sinus thing you get each year.”

3. “The majority of those that are hospitalized are unvaccinated. I know ‘someone’ told you that’s not true, but that is not what we see each day.”

4. “Yes, you can have a few days of side effects after vaccination, but it is not worse than COVID itself.”

5. “No, we will not prescribe ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine. Why? Because the studies so far do not show that it helps outcomes for those with COVID infection.”

6. “The vaccine does not give you COVID. I know you got COVID a few days after you were vaccinated, but that is because of your activities and contacts, not because of the vaccine. Scientifically impossible.”

7. “If the tests say you are positive, you are. It does not need to be repeated. Kinda like a pregnancy test.”

8. “You do not need to go to the ER. You are not sick enough to need care there.”

9. “You didn’t get vaccinated? (FDA approved) But you want to get monoclonal antibodies? (Emergency use authorization; still considered experimental).”

10. “I know that you were sick in the fall of 2019, but I can assure you that you did not have COVID. People much smarter than myself, or you, or even the doctors here, other people who have studied infectious disease and epidemiology their entire lives would disagree with you. Yes, I know that you’ve never been sick like that before, but it wasn’t COVID.”

Sigh.

The author is an anonymous nurse.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad I'm retired

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 25, 2021

It’s exhausting . Same talks every day , we must be the stupidest people , no other explanation .
20 months later , and people do not want to believe us .
In hampton roads , parents in schools fighting for their kids rights to not wear masks . And they won . Virginia is a great dissapointement , number rising AGAIN , and this is almost laughable at this f point .

I lived in Hampton Roads, in the late 1980s, early 1990s. My youngest daughter was born at Riverside Hospital in Newport News in 1992, her dad was assigned to Ft. Monroe. Your posting has made me so glad that we moved.

I know someone who, in the face of all my logical arguments, swears he had Covid (the first time) in November of 2019. I've just given up talking about it, but sometimes I still want to slap him over it.

Good one, but it probably won’t move the needle of reason for the antivaxers and anti science buffoons, including some on this website (e.g, Covid Cult)! As for the rest of us, it’s like preaching to the choir! 🤗

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641256
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.